lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
Swampdonkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 36v Club Car won't move.

My bad, kinda...it set on public now. Not sure how long it takes for youtube to update that.
Swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would like to see the cart in the air and the pedal just pushed enough to say drive cart not wide open i want to see that row of resistor coils......if they are all glowing red or not...............from that 1st vid. in air all seems normal other than not seeing it or hearing it shift into faster speed...........have you left the charger on until it shuts off on its own?....oh and youtube is working now.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
Swampdonkey
Not Yet Wild

I have left charger on so it shuts off by its self. As a matter of fact when i stopped the video it had immediately jumped from the 10-15 it was at to about 4. Left charger on and went out to check it less than half hr later and it was off. It has charged longer and stayed on, I just think it was off this time due to already having full charge.

I just went out and pushed pedal just until clicked. It you are talking about the coils should be glowing (ones I posted pic of?) they do not. As a matter of fact it doesnt matter if pushed to floor or just until it clicks the "speed" remains the same. There is no change as you described you didn't see or hear in video. In my non knowing mind it almost makes me think that it not moving cause it in the wrong "gear". Like it maybe missing the the pickup/lower gear if that is possible. When sitting on it and pushing gas i can feel it slightly jump very quickly and subtle like it wants to go but can't. If need I will try and post video of that test but will only show dark non glowing coils. Love the internet, have no clue where you guys are but I get to show you video of the cart. Appreciate your help!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
Swampdonkey
Not Yet Wild

Dont know if I already posted explanation of what started this or not...my grandfather said he bought these batteries last year and never actually ran the cart with them. He bought a JD Gator and the cart just sat. Well we had to sell the Gator to pay his bills and decided to get this cart going again. He is 89yr old jack of all trades in his golden years but slowly loosing that. He never put the battery cables back on when he bought the new batteries and couldn't remember how they were to go. I found this forum and wiring diagram to put them back on. Can you tell by my picks or video if I did that correct? Or since it "runs" in the air does that make it correct? He said he never used to have a problem with the cart until now. Just a thought... Thanks Again
Old 12-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
Dont know if I already posted explanation of what started this or not...my grandfather said he bought these batteries last year and never actually ran the cart with them. He bought a JD Gator and the cart just sat. Well we had to sell the Gator to pay his bills and decided to get this cart going again. He is 89yr old jack of all trades in his golden years but slowly loosing that. He never put the battery cables back on when he bought the new batteries and couldn't remember how they were to go. I found this forum and wiring diagram to put them back on. Can you tell by my picks or video if I did that correct? Or since it "runs" in the air does that make it correct? He said he never used to have a problem with the cart until now. Just a thought... Thanks Again
battery positioning is correct and it appears that they are connected properly, ie, neg to pos thru out . . . what I don't see is a wire/cable going from charger port to battery #1's positive terminal, though it may be out of view . . . . . .

Here is a copy of the individual parts list for this vehicle . . . wiring diagram is on page 12E . . .

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals/cl...c_vehicles.pdf

download a copy to your computer . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would think if the cart is running it would be ok but it wouldn,t hurt to measure pack voltage.........if you have a voltage meter tape pos probe to pos terminal #1 battery and neg. probe to neg terminal of #6 battery ......while cart is on ground press pedal see where voltage drops to..........and what voltage you have at stand still that will tell us if they are connected right and if its possible battery problem..........other than that my concern is the resistor coils not doing anything..............as i said if your driving cart slow those coils should start glowing red i mean glowing red hot.........thats their job..............if your pedal to metel they still get hot but won,t get glowing red hot...................they disipate wasted energy while driving and when cart is floored they are bypassed for the most part so theres a problem there from what your posting................you need to check all cables that go to them.........and check coils themselves could be they need replaced or repaired and cleaned.....................................
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Leaving the batteries to sit in a low state of charge for a long period of time will do irreversible damage to them.
Not only do the plates sulfate but the water becomes stratified..... you need a long gassing charge. Even new batteries can be damaged.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Batteries for Dummies:

http://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html

. . . best explanation (with pics) I have seen so far . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #29
Under-Dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you also need to load test them......they can show perfect voltage but as soon as you put a load on one or more can fail.........so just a voltage test dosn,t help everything.................................
You can't real load test a deep cycle
Just saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Under-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under-Dog View Post
You can't real load test a deep cycle
Just saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you surely can load test a golfcart battery..............
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car