lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #41
royr
Not Yet Wild

Default Removed & cleaned batteries, now won't go? Solved!

The cart tech came by and found the problem. The small red wire that I had connected at the 24v location, should have been one battery over, on the 16v location. It was the only connection that was not obvious as to where it should go. I just failed to remember where it had been connected. He said it is for the headlights, but could not be sure why it caused my symptoms. He said it was putting 24v instead of 16v on the controller, which could have fried something, but instead it just made the computer act wierd. When he moved the red wire and removed the Neg cable from #6, he reset the OBC and it all came to life. He said the OBC reset procedure that I had been given does not work on Club Cars after the 1990s.
Thanks again fellows. This is an unusual cart, a Club Car GM/Pathway, and is probably not one that many of you have seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring error.jpg (193.9 KB, 6 views)
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #42
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Removed & cleaned batteries, now won't go?

Oh Yes I remember the Pathway! Only cart I ever sent to another shop and paid the bill on
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #43
royr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Oh Yes I remember the Pathway! Only cart I ever sent to another shop and paid the bill on
I bought it in 2004 when it was a year old, straight from GM, through a broker for only $3,800. Its probably one of the best carts out there. Being a CC and with all its features.
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #44
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm sure this kind of thing has happened to most of us at one time or another. When I remove any cables that have more than just one wire on a terminal, I tie wrap them together! Now that I have a camera, if I have to do something major, I'll take a photo of the layout too! Glad you got it fixed! Sometimes the " simple " stuff will get ya!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

...only golf cart I couldn't fix Good luck with it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #46
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Removed & cleaned batteries, now won't go? Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
The cart tech came by and found the problem. The small red wire that I had connected at the 24v location, should have been one battery over, on the 16v location. It was the only connection that was not obvious as to where it should go. I just failed to remember where it had been connected. He said it is for the headlights, but could not be sure why it caused my symptoms. He said it was putting 24v instead of 16v on the controller, which could have fried something, but instead it just made the computer act wierd. When he moved the red wire and removed the Neg cable from #6, he reset the OBC and it all came to life. He said the OBC reset procedure that I had been given does not work on Club Cars after the 1990s.
Thanks again fellows. This is an unusual cart, a Club Car GM/Pathway, and is probably not one that many of you have seen.
Glad to hear it's working! I do believe shadow said that wire should be at 16 volts, not 24? As nothing runs on 24 volts.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #47
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes and i figgered it was a wire or cable that was put in wrong place..................glad its up and running............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car