lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #21
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Sam's Batteries

those wal mart batteries make nice boat anchors...
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I don't want any batts, just trying to get back to the original thread that was posted by the one with no dog in this fight.......
Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #23
SimpleMan
Not Yet Wild

Walmart has been getting suckier (is that a word!) since Sam Walton died. My son works for them and I go to church with several people who work/worked there. They are definitely not "employee-friendly" and I don't shop there near as much as I have in the past. Also the "low price leader" mentality goes away once they run all the competion out of business.
The battery prices at Sam's in Mobile,Al. are the same Andy listed. Are the Sam's batteries any good? I paid a bit more money and bought some from Battery Source ( $7 more apiece) but I have since heard bad reports on them. I hope I didn't screw up...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
jonequest
Gone Wild

I have US Battery 8VGC batteries that I paid about $87.00 each for and they seem to work great for me. They are the mid line 8 volt battery from US Battery.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

1. trojan 2. us batteries 3. crown, thats all you need to know.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #26
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

ahh....see I knew we could do it

I got US Batts going on two years ago and have no complaints...yet. This is my 1st cart and bought it when I was told "just needs batteries"....yeah right !
Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #27
SimpleMan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
I have US Battery 8VGC batteries that I paid about $87.00 each for and they seem to work great for me. They are the mid line 8 volt battery from US Battery.
I wish I could have found that deal. 8 volt batteries around here were Sam's for $89, Battery Source for $96 and US for $120. Deka and others were more than that up to $175 for some T-890's!

I reluctently went with the Battery Source ones. I am breaking them in per Scottie B's guidlines so they should get a fair shake at life. Time will tell the tale...
Old 12-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
jonequest
Gone Wild

My US batteries exceed the "specs" of the T875 Trojans... BUT who know they the companies spec them and if they are being fair.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #29
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Sam's Batteries

I buy my batteries from Battery Specailty's in Greenville SC.
They said Trojan batteries have been bought out. They are keeping the name but the quality has started falling off.

They say the US battery is just as good and has just as good warrinty.The only thing I like about Sam's and Wal Mart selling batteries is that it may help drop prices across the board on batteries everywhere. I said maybe!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #30
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Walmart has been getting suckier (is that a word!) since Sam Walton died. My son works for them and I go to church with several people who work/worked there. They are definitely not "employee-friendly" and I don't shop there near as much as I have in the past. Also the "low price leader" mentality goes away once they run all the competion out of business.
What you say is true. In fact:
1) When WM opens a new store, they first hire a bunch of people and open all registers to move customers thru as fast as possible so the customers feel this is a great place to be. Then after 6 months, they open a minimal amount of registers and the customers will stand in line for 45 minutes or more to just check out.

2) Walmart does not create new jobs when they open a new store. They price their items to drive the competition out of business, then the displaced workers find employment elsewhere if possible, or come to work for WM on a part time basis with no benefits.....where they did have benefits before...or at least a chance to buy into a benefit package. And they at least made enough to buy into it.

So the result here is a net\net break even at best. At BEST. With the employee losing out on their comp.

Go stand in line now....China buyer.

3) How do I know this? I read the business reports. I read the local news. And I was, prior to my retirement, involved in small and medium size business for 25 years.

4) Or maybe I just like to make it up as I go along.

5) Or I'm a WM spy and a rabble rouser.

6) Or my cart is really a Harley 3 wheeler

7) All of the above

None of the above

9) Most of the above

10) I'm actually Sara Palin and I'm sittin on a dead Moose.

Dave
Closed Thread

Tags
batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO