lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
D-Sands
Not Yet Wild

Default High Voltage

I'm not sure if my charger is working right. I just bought new blem batteries. First charge thet got 18 hrs (asleep and @ work) ,come home and stillcharging 8 or 10@amps. Meter read 41.1v. Is this OK? Should carger turn off? Will it hurt batteries? ANY! Knoldge / help appreciated!
D-Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
creepingtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: High Voltage

my older batteries on charger will only go down to about to 8 or 10 amps on meter
creepingtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds to me like you have one or more bad batteries. Check individual voltage on the batteries and post results.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

36v charger? If so, Should be getting up to 44, 45 volts! and should turn off either at voltage or at backup timer. Sounds like you have a problem.

You need to post details of charger, batteries, etc. and you will get more help. Also go to stickies or cartsunlimited.com and read up on battery Break in.

Good luck.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
D-Sands
Not Yet Wild

Checked everything this morning after 8 hrs charging. 45.5v with charger on. Unplugged 41.5v pack, 6.7v 6.9v 6.9v 6.9v 6.6v 6.7v each. Gonna be unplugged and sitting till i get home, will where they setteled this afternoon. The charger is a Lestronic II.
D-Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds to me like the charger is working good. Cut off voltage is between 44 and 46 +/- volts. New batteries may charge 20 hours on the first charge, if the charger doesn't time out at 16.... You need to let it finish to get the most complete charge, times will go down as the batteries reach peak condition.
I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, high, too much, voltage, volts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO