lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
neub7
Not Yet Wild

Default Shifter issues???

I need some help please. I've got a 96 club car, and its been acting real goofy lately. All of the sudden, it will turn the engine over when the shifter is in neutral and the pedal is pushed, but there is no spark in neutral. It also keeps running at an idle when I let off the pedal. As soon as I turn off the key or put it in neutral and back it stops. I have tried the maint. mode thing and it is not that, and I have changed out a few micro switches and have pretty much ruled that out. I know that a bad solenoid will make it diesel, but will that also cause it to roll the engine over in neutral. It seems to be starting harder as well, and sometimes it'll only start with the throttle barely pushed down. It'll just roll over and over with the throttle pegged and as soon as I let off the throttle it'll take off almost at the top of the throttle. Once it is warmed up it seems to run great. I'm very confused, please help! Thanks.
neub7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Shifter issues???

you can try rapping the solenoid a few times and see if that does anything if so yes it could be issue.............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car