lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
Mongoose107
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rims and tires... oh and winterazation question.

kb11 you still have those rims for sale!
Mongoose107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose107 View Post
kb11 you still have those rims for sale!
Yeah they are Mounted on Bogers though... I could take them off for you no problem... 10 inch Tires are 22x11x10 if you want those to...
Kb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Mongoose107
Not Yet Wild

Pm sent
Mongoose107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
KenTechno
Not Yet Wild

Learned a trick to mix a few drops of 2-cycle oil with any remaining gas (Mystery oil or other Non-gumming oil intended for mixing with Gas Engines works too), and run the engine till fuel runs out (Don't do this with an fuel injected engines though). Had an old gas engine, always gave me trouble starting-up in spring, ran better than ever after doing this trick.

I used to use the end of season to do my annual maintenance on 2 & 4 stroke engine: Oil Change, Plugs, and Clean before the season. Keeps everything from becoming more permanent, and identify any rust/repair areas.

Probably goes without saying, regarding the battery maintenance, should put it on a trickle charger to maintain the charge (esp for Lead acid/Wetcells as they apparently can lose 8-30% plus charge in a month). Good to be safe than sorry, but still don't get the logic of keeping the battery off concrete?!?
(Presuming your basement is mostly underground - even unheated Basements in US stay between 50-60 F, maybe in mid-40s for the states bordering Canada or Canadian states. Basically the area ground water temperature (indirectly heated by the sun), helps maintain underground basements well above freezing, except if it's drafty.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and Have a Happy NEW YEAR!
- Ken
KenTechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
Phantom59
Getting Wild

Found this about storing batteries

You see, the myth that concrete drains batteries does have some historical basis. Many, many years ago, wooden battery cases encased a glass jar with the battery inside. Any moisture on the floor could cause the wood to swell and possibly fracture the glass, causing it to leak. Later came the introduction of the hard rubber cases, which were somewhat porous and had a high-carbon content. An electrical current could be conducted through this container if the moist concrete floor permitted the current to find an electrical ground. The wise advice of the old days to "keep batteries off concrete" has been passed down to us today, but it no longer applies because of the advanced technology of today’s batteries.
Phantom59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #16
KenTechno
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Phantom59! for doing the sleuthing on that mystery and sharing the details ! Pretty cool info, would hate to be driving around with a wooden encased glass battery....

Been sleuthing for Super cheap Battery Banks and complex wiring Series & Parallel this past couple of weeks. Great info here on other threads, but lot on wiring mis-info on the net. The proper wiring makes more sense to me now :D ... Charger went haywire on a set-of Li-ions (literally caught on fire)

I should start a separate post, but PM me if anyone wants in on a co-op purchase of literally a ton of GOLF CART batteries 200-250 AMP 6V or 12 Volt batteries (goal is between $30-40/each DELIVERED by MARCH/APRIL-LEAD Acids/Wet - I figure with the right battery conditioning & low DOD-nothing against the TOP Brands, just looking to go cheap this go-around, if they only last 3 years I'll have saved 50%-sharing the savings for more buying power), let me know. Getting over 200 straight from one of the Spec Manufacturers, so they'll be fresh - Pick-up from NYC area or Freight Delivery (at cost).
KenTechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTechno View Post
Thanks Phantom59! for doing the sleuthing on that mystery and sharing the details ! Pretty cool info, would hate to be driving around with a wooden encased glass battery....

Been sleuthing for Super cheap Battery Banks and complex wiring Series & Parallel this past couple of weeks. Great info here on other threads, but lot on wiring mis-info on the net. The proper wiring makes more sense to me now :D ... Charger went haywire on a set-of Li-ions (literally caught on fire)

I should start a separate post, but PM me if anyone wants in on a co-op purchase of literally a ton of GOLF CART batteries 200-250 AMP 6V or 12 Volt batteries (goal is between $30-40/each DELIVERED by MARCH/APRIL-LEAD Acids/Wet - I figure with the right battery conditioning & low DOD-nothing against the TOP Brands, just looking to go cheap this go-around, if they only last 3 years I'll have saved 50%-sharing the savings for more buying power), let me know. Getting over 200 straight from one of the Spec Manufacturers, so they'll be fresh - Pick-up from NYC area or Freight Delivery (at cost).
So? No Rim HUH? LOL
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
Phantom59
Getting Wild

I had always heard that but before I spoke up I wanted some documentation.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Phantom59
Getting Wild

If anyone here has ever been to the Edison museum in Florida there is an electric car they made that has the glass case lead acid batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car