lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
partsman37
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1994 club car still no spark....

still fighting my 94 spark issue, have replaced coil, then ignitor, still have to jumper with a screw driver to get it to spark. After about a minute of cranking it sparks and I'm good to go....... Looks like all thats left is rev limiter, and ignition switch, any advise before I through another part at it?
partsman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 club car still no spark....

when you say no spark and you have to jump it to start, turn key on press the gas pedal nothing happens(you hear the solenoid click and have to jump the large posts to start running, change your solenoid ) I have a 92 cc ds having problems starting press down several times some time starts ,started by hitting the solenoid or jumping the large posts to start, changed solenoid problem went away runs great
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

when you hear solenoid click you can have a bad connection inside thin copper strip to make connection
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1291.jpg (117.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1292.jpg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
partsman37
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

no it will turn over the motor but has no spark at the plug wire, when I ground it with a screw driver to a bolt, it will eventually start to jump spark.....
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
celtictodd
Not Yet Wild

The rev limiter is bad right above where you drain the oil cut the brown wire (can rehook up if not the problem )check spark. can also see if the carts not grownded battery positive to cart , use a digital meter or a test light
celtictodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There is a ground wire that goes to the rev limiter, remove the bolt that attaches it to the block, isolate it and try it. If it works, tape the wire off and let it hang and put the bolt back in
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
partsman37
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

no, the motor cranks over fine as if it is trying to start.. there is no spark from the plug wire.... if i stick a screw driver into the boot, and then ground it to metal, it will eventually jump spark from the screw driver to the metal... then i plug the boot back into the spark plug, and it will start right away.. turning over the motor has never been an issue... still doing the same thing after ignitor, and coil have been replaced, still need help, thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car