lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Uh - Oh.......Did I screw up with a Hyundai?

I picked up what I thought would be a good winter project but am struggling finding info / parts. Well, I can't find a serial number on it either so I can't say what year it is but it is a Hyundai electric.

Now for the problem. It is getting power past the solenoid, but not past the controller. Total zeros on DVM past the controller. I have thought about jacking up the rear end and jumping some power to the motor to make sure it is good before another dollar goes into this thing.

It appears that most of this cart is identical to Yamaha, would a Yamaha controller work? I can't find anywhere to buy Hyundai parts. The seller thought it was the speed control / throttle position part but can't really tell me why he thinks that. He says it ran fine last year then this summer it would only go about half speed, now nothing.

Charger and batteries are good, 36.2 pack voltage, I was told the batteries are 3 years old and they look it.

SUGGESTIONS???????????????
jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Uh - Oh.......Did I screw up with a Hyundai?

Nobody has any suggestions? Are the Hyundai carts that odd? Anyone.....?????
Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Some of the sparky guys should be along..........

I've heard that the Hyundi shares parts from the Yamaha G2.

Hopefully, someone will have some better info for ya but, yes Hyundi's are not a common cart and are no longer made.

Your battery situation doesnt sound so good either, a 36 volt pack should charge to about 38 or better. I'm not a sparky guy and I'm just repeating what I've read so, lets wait on someone with real knowledge.............
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well after much searching, it's the controller. Anybody know where I can can get a Curtis 1204? Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyroll22 View Post
Well after much searching, it's the controller. Anybody know where I can can get a Curtis 1204? Thanks
I have seen them on ebay
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

New (ok reman) eBay controller and she works great! Thanks to Scottyb for all of your post and info in other spots on this site. It helped me diagnose this cart and fix it. THANKS!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts