lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Throttle jumpy

Thats funny, my old one has screw driver marks too cuz I tried pulling i apart too. Never got it apart though. Unfortunately, I never tried cleaning the contacts, I just put in a new mcor. I am not in favor of throwing money at parts but all I can say is the new mcor fixed all my problems.

If you want to save a few bucks though, you could reprogram the controller and smooth it out. Try inductive curve at about 2-3 throttle up.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #12
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hi Speedchaser I haven't tried programming my alltrax yet as I don't have a cable, but just wanted to add an interesting fact, I fitted the controller from another cart into my problem cart and it rins like a dream I had already ordered a Mcor as I thought that was the prob.
So I guess the problem is the alltrax and its programming.
Hornsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

It is definitely an Alltrax issue as my old MCOR worked fine with the Old Curtis controller. However replacing with a new MCOR corrected the problem with the Alltrax.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #14
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys still having trouble with this 08 precedent and matching it up to the Alltrax controller, I have the cable and a little bonus I noticed with the 08 setup with all the electronics to the rear of tub, remove motor access panel then there is another panel that unclicks to access all the good stuff, all connections, solinoid and controller, so I jacked up the rear end and plugged into the controller so what settings are you guys running? Throttle upsetting throttle down and throttle curve if you guys that have sorted this jumpy take off issue can help would be much appreciated. I have fitted new Mcor and problem still there so I'm hoping the settings will sort it cheers Paul ps maybe the alltrax and iq just don't match up too well!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Try inductive curve, throttle up at 3 and throttle down at 6. Too bad the mcor did not fix it that has worked for many.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #16
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey Speedchaser tried your setting still no luck, the guys at alltrax have asked me to try throttle up 2, a little better but still jerky, really is frustrating must be something else but new Mcor and tried many settings, could it be the motor as I have never run this motor combo before?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Paul, you said you fitted a new mcor, do you mean a brand new one or was it the one from the other cart?

Either way I think it is time to test the mcor output, there are instructions for that somewhere, I think DJBlade posted them.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #18
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I fitted a brand new Mcor and no change, will try some new settings tonight after reading some of the probs other guys are having, seems like some settings work for 1 cart but not others, yet the problem is identicle, I will try the new hex setting as per alltrax last email and keep my fingers crossed. I still think its the Mcor and controller not matching up.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dont feal to bad I am having the same problems, Tried the files #2 and #3 moved Throttle rate, Installed New Mcor. what next.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

This prob is widespread and seems random at times, I first had trouble with my alltrax and the jerky takeoff after a quick wash down one day, at first I thought a little water got into my F R switch, so since we are having different settings and returning probs I wonder is everyone still running the standard F R switch? I know it's left field but because it happens in both forward and reverse at takeoff could there be some arcing within the switch? And once your up and running the circuit is strong.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car