lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
cskozup
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Precedent won't charge

I've had my 2007 Precedent Serial # PQ0740-824875 for about 6 weeks. Yesterday after driving it about 5 miles, I plugged in the charger and it did not charge. I tried several times to charge it but got no change. When I plug it in after a second or to the charger starts to hum as it would normally do, but no amps are sent to the cart (at least not sensed by the ampmeter on the charger). After a second or two of humming, the relay on the charger trips. If I push the reset button, the charger immediately starts the cycle again and trips again.

Has the charger gone bad or is it a problem with the cart. Cart seems to be running the same as before.

We typically run it 4-5 miles each time we take it out and we take it out 5-6 times a week. We recharge it after each time when we come back. Charger is a Club Car Power Drive 2 Model 22110.
cskozup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Precedent won't charge

. . . what is pack voltage? greater than 39v?
. . . check fuse in charger
. . . could be rectifier in charger
. . . could be OBC issue
. . . could be transformer in charger

. . . lotsa "could be's" . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
cskozup
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: 2007 Precedent won't charge

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I don't have a voltmeter, but I can borrow one from the neighbor. I'm pretty confident it should be above 39 v as I had charged it just before I took it out yesterday and I didn't take it that far 4-5 miles. I've asked another neighbor who has a club car to try and switch with him and see if my charger charges his cart and if his charger will charge my cart to determine if it might be the OBC or the charger. Waiting for him to return my call.

I take it your from Grand Rapids, I'm from the St Joe/Benton Harbor area in the summer, but come down to SC in the winter. I don't like the cold weather anymore. Can't beat the summers though which is why we remain MI residents.

Thanks again for your help.
Charlie
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

My vote is bad rectifier.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
gadavis
Gone Wild

Change the rectifier/diode group. This usually trips the A.C. breaker pretty quick after charger comes on,
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
cskozup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the inputs. I did borrow a voltmeter and the pack voltage was 48.5 v. Now I'll work on checking and changing the rectifier.

Tags
power drive 2 charger, precedent not charging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car