lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
KtownCC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhill View Post
I am in process of retrofitting a 85 so is of interest to me. Waiting on suspension parts now, then will tackle body work.Probably have it painted as that is above my pay grade
I have no idea what other parts that I may need, I am just getting the cosmetics out of the way first. I imagine shocks will be on the list before long, these look original. I will get some batteries next week and see how it operates.

Paint is a little above what I want to do but I have a buddy that runs a paint shop next door who is going to spray it for me. I am just trying to do a lot of the tedious prep work.

GL with your project.
KtownCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
sch151
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello,

I hope I'm not hijacking a post but I figured this would be a good place to start.

I'm new to Golf Carts as I sort of inherited a 1984 DS Club Car and I'd like to go through it front to back just to make sure everything is in great shape and I can make it dependable. So far I have found it much easier to work on the front end by first removing the body cowling, which was not that difficult, so now I'm wondering if there is anything I may need to know before attempting to remove the rear body. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...Scott

Last edited by sch151; 04-04-2013 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Forgot text.
sch151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
rockhill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cosmetic painting will probably be last on my list. Started out with a lift kit which led to replacing all the sleeves and bushings in springs. Also had to replace the a-plate sub assembly on both sides as all bushings shot. A couple of questionable shocks but will hold off on them. Also ordered a ton of stuff from Scottyb to modernize the electronics. If and when I ever finish will have to name this project the "money pit". The warden around here said that it is really two carts: my first and last...been a lot of fun so far just wish I knew how to paint it. No tools and no knowledge means taking the body and roof somewhere.
rockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
rockhill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch151 View Post
Hello,

I hope I'm not hijacking a post but I figured this would be a good place to start.

I'm new to Golf Carts as I sort of inherited a 1984 DS Club Car and I'd like to go through it front to back just to make sure everything is in great shape and I can make it dependable. So far I have found it much easier to work on the front end by first removing the body cowling, which was not that difficult, so now I'm wondering if there is anything I may need to know before attempting to remove the rear body. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The body comes off pretty easily. Seat frames and a couple of bolts/screws in front just above floor was all I believe on my '85. My understanding is that there were not a lot of changes in that time frame. Good luck.
rockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
Your not boring anyone, we all love build pics! Keep up the good work.
X2
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
glull
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Perfect timing KTown! Just brought my '81 home after 3 months under snow. Tear down starts tomorrow. Giving myself 3 months, probably be more like 3 years...
glull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
KtownCC
Not Yet Wild

I got a little busy at work this week and didn't get as much accomplished as I would like to. I did get the prep finished on the body and it is in the process of being painted. Hopefully it will be ready to bolt on next week and then it is time to start accessorizing......aka dumping money.

I need to redo the seats and replace the windshield and floor mat, anything else will be needless bling (won't be much lol).

Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
KtownCC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch151 View Post
Hello,

Hope you got everything apart and have fun rejuvenating the old girl. I found that 30 year old fasteners don't always want to come apart. GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhill View Post
Cosmetic painting will probably be last on my list. Started out with a lift kit which led to replacing all the sleeves and bushings in springs. Also had to replace the a-plate sub assembly on both sides as all bushings shot. A couple of questionable shocks but will hold off on them. Also ordered a ton of stuff from Scottyb to modernize the electronics. If and when I ever finish will have to name this project the "money pit". The warden around here said that it is really two carts: my first and last...been a lot of fun so far just wish I knew how to paint it. No tools and no knowledge means taking the body and roof somewhere.
I don't plan on doing many, if any, performance mods on this cart. This will be more of a campground crawler, my next cart will be a mod job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glull View Post
Perfect timing KTown! Just brought my '81 home after 3 months under snow. Tear down starts tomorrow. Giving myself 3 months, probably be more like 3 years...
Take your time and do it right and you will appreciate the end result. GL
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
speedgolfer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

nice project
gonna look great
keep the pics comin
speedgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
KtownCC
Not Yet Wild

Been a little busy at work recently and haven't had much time to commit to the cart but the paint is ready and the lights are wired and now it is about time to reassemble the creature.

I got a new set of GC-2's from AutoZone (best price, commercial account) and finally woke the old girl up. At least it moves forward and backward so I feel better about the work. Doing everything up to this point without verifying the functionality was a little worrisome but I had faith, looks like I got lucky so far.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car