lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Hollywoodgt
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some advise 1986 Club

Just wanted to say hey to the forum. I own a 1986 Club car and have done a few mods suspension wise and played with the gov etc. Cart runs great and smooth once it gets going, but sluggish out of the hole and no torque.

So where can I go from here? Do they make like a crate motor performance set up or I'm I just blowing my money?
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Hollywoodgt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need some advise 1986 Club

Also do they make a steering damper set up. At higher speeds it seems a little loose. Also just read you can buy a complete up graded motor set up with header clutch etc.....any experience with this? I have friends with RZR would be funny to be able to keep up with them in a golf cart.

Thank you again in advance
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

as far as stock check the clutch mods for the driven clutch from our sponsors , i know another member had his done and it works like a charm , but you need to start reading their are quite a few ways to go with a cart , you can beef up your stock cart to a vtwin cart all the way to hyabusa 300 hp death cart , as far as the front end goes the only thing you can do short of a long travel lift is to be sure all front end components are in good shape tierods bushings and steering linkage all carts get squirrelly at speed.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
TRP
Gone Wild

+1 to what was said above. Carts are short coupled and they have a narrow wheel base. If you raise them, then you raise the center of gravity. All of the items lead to twitchy steering.
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I had the clutch work done. It helped me gain back some torque and hill climbing power:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...machining.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car