lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #11
loomisfarmer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex 252 Wiring Conern

ScottyB, Rusty, thank you so far for your support.
Well, I installed the new Solenoid last night and that solved the problem of the cart running when engaged, however, now I have a new challenge. At this time everything works correctly except it will not power up in reverse. I know the motor is good because it was runing in reverse prior.

Based on the wiring diagram from the Vintage web site, everything is wired correctly, however, I know that's not the case (because of this issue). What I can't confirm is that the wiring diagram from the web site identifies a serial number in the 16k range. My cart's serial number is in the 17k range. It was my assumption that what they were implying was that the wiring diagram was good from the 16k carts forward (which would include my cart). If this does not make sense, I'll attach some pics of the current wiring to another email when I get home.
Again, thank you for your support.

PS, this has been a great learning experience. At this time last week, I had zero experience with cart's. With your assistance the past few days, I have increased my knowledge base 10 fold.
loomisfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have no idea what you did Post a picture of the wiring diagram you are using and tell us how this differs from your actual wiring....I'm pretty sure if you can acuately do that, we can fix it......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

your cart is an 85 if it has a resistor, 86 and up have solid state speed controller, can't be earlier than 85 because that was the 1st year of model 252
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
1fuzzy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I also have a melex 252 with wiring probs. I have looked at all the different diagrams on the vintage golf carts website, and wired it several different ways. Anyway Im tired of trying to get it right. Does anybody have any idea on how to straight wire it. So that when I mash the pedal it goes straight to high gear, and the same for reverse.
1fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts