lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Voelkenator
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face 4 inch lift kit

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2001 electric Ezgo with an upgrade to make the cart run about 25 mph and it has a 1.5" lift sitting on Kenda 18X10.00 10 tires which rub when making sharp turns and sways at high speed. If I added a 4" lift to the cart would this eliminate the rubbing/swaying of the golf cart at high speeds? I appreciate any help anyone might add. I am new to the "golf cart club" but am super excited about being a new owner.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1477.jpg (220.3 KB, 0 views)
Voelkenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 inch lift kit

if you lift it MORE, it will make it worse, as you would be moving the center of gravity UP. the lower it is, the more stable at speed your cart. you could look into a set of spacers to move all four wheels out, they are available in 1", 2", 3", and 4". that in itself would make it more stable PLUS move out your wheels/tires which would most likely eliminate your rub issue.

oh and btw........CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
crash test dummy

welcome to BGW

Introductions NO TECH QUESTIONS!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Voelkenator
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice Sir Nuke, I will be looking into ordering the spacers asap. Thanks crash test dummy for the welcome.
Voelkenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO