lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
surfdog
Gone Wild

Default need advice on purchase

hi All, I'm trying to find a cart for my wife. I asked about a tomberlin I found but only got one reply. I like the fact it has brakes, lights etc. as this will be used on the street.The tomberlin is a 2009. I can also buy a Yamaha drive (2009) for about the same price,$3500, that has lights, flip seat etc. Other options, maybe look for a gas ezgo as I'm more of a mechanic than an electrician. Can any body steer me the right way? I did consider building an electric ezgo into a 48 volt number and actually had the cart to start with but decided it would be simpler and cheaper to buy something already done. Anybody's two cents?
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
surfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: need advice on purchase

No one has an opinion on this? Anyone with Yamaha drive out there? Compared to an RXV?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i personally dont like the way a yamaha feels when u sit behind the wheel. if u go the import route i would go with a star cart get a 48 volt model like a 48-4sf it has curtis controller and they have advanced motors on them also. rxv is a sexy cart but from what i see hope u like working on them and gas is very noisey for neigborhood use
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
surfdog
Gone Wild

I thought the tomberlin was built here. Is that not true?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I have not heard much about Tomberlins. I do know that the RXVs have major brake problems. Have only driven Yamahas a couple times.
EZGO and CC are the two predominant brands.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
which cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts