lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Voltage reducer distribution box fuse question

Okay, just a question... I have a voltage reducer to give me 12volts for my 12-volt accessories. This goes to my headlights and eventually, my radio and undercarriage LED kit. My question is that the voltage reducer has a distribution box that is fused. So my question is if I have to use a fuse on the wires for each accessory if I am plugging into a box that is fused. So essentially if I leave the fuses on the wires and plug into the distribution box that is fused as well. Can I just remove the fuse from the wires if I have the same amp rating in the box from the voltage reducer?

TIA
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage reducer distribution box fuse question

Fuses are designed to protect wires from catching fire and are sized according to the wire gauge and must/should be installed near the source of power to be truly effective.

If You fuse box has individual fuses and they are sized for the accessory wire, then it is totally unnecessary to have another fuse on that accessory wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #3
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Fuses are designed to protect wires from catching fire and are sized according to the wire gauge and must/should be installed near the source of power to be truly effective.

If You fuse box has individual fuses and they are sized for the accessory wire, then it is totally unnecessary to have another fuse on that accessory wire.
Yes, the block does have individual fuses that I will be plugging in each accessory to. 6 connections and 6 fuses that are blade style. Sorry don't have a picture...
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have something similar to this, then you don't need to have the additional in-line fuse to the accessory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61UaDWEp-AL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks... I had thought that, just wanted confirmation. Back to wiring my accessories.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #6
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I use basic terminal bus bars. My main 12V line out of my reducer has a properly sized fuse on it. My bus bars are not fused. Some of my accessories depending on the accessory have fuses on them. The fuses are much smaller as these are low draw devices. I do not remove those fuses as dual fuse won't hurt anything, but on the contrary, many of my other accessories do not have fuses and I don't add them either, but most things I've purchased do have their own fuses.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO