lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #21
TxBlacksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild or Scrap 1995 ClubCar

Pics of the controller and the?? OBC? up under the seat.

A question on the lift kits...I was thinking of a 6" drop spindle kit. Are these better or worse than the A-Arm type kits?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0617.JPG (56.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0622.JPG (62.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0623.JPG (59.0 KB, 0 views)
TxBlacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 02:38 PM   #22
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

From what I've read here, the spindle lifts are much worse than the AA lift since it wonks up the geometry. Your turning radius will be significantly reduced. Some people prefer them because it's the best way for a high ground clearance.

If you do the AA lift, almost the entire front suspension will be brand new, which is nice. I ordered an All Sport (US made) 4" lift for my wife's cart, but it's backordered for a couple of months. I installed a Madjax 4" lift and the quality seemed pretty good if you can't wait. I have a Rhox 6" DS kit here to install on a roller cart I picked up, and I'm curious how the cart will perform afterwards. It'll be my first experience with a spindle kit.

Others with significantly more experience will I'm sure offer better insight than I can.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #23
TxBlacksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can see where putting on larger tires might reduce the turning radius somewhat, but will taller spindles change the vehicle geometry that much?
It seems the CG would change, but not overall length?
Old 10-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #24
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

moves the center of gravity
and yes it worth building , a 48 volt series cart can become a beast
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlacksmith View Post
Pics of the controller and the?? OBC? up under the seat.

A question on the lift kits...I was thinking of a 6" drop spindle kit. Are these better or worse than the A-Arm type kits?
Yes that is the controller and the OBC. I would suggest getting rid of the OBC especially if you have to buy a new charger anyway.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #26
TxBlacksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ys, I will have to buy a new charger, as I don't have one...how and why do I remove/bypass the OBC?
Old 10-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlacksmith View Post
Ys, I will have to buy a new charger, as I don't have one...how and why do I remove/bypass the OBC?
The reasons for eliminating the OBC are pretty much that it makes no sense in your case because: 1) You don't know if the OBC is good. 2) You would have to buy a specific charger for that cart to work in conjunction with the OBC. If you do so only to find out the OBC is bad that would be a waste of money. 3) While the OBC/special charger was state of the art at the time the technology is outdated and today's smart chargers are better and offer more features. 4) One less thing to fail/worry about. 5) Removal reduces clutter in that area.

As far as how to do it, there is a detailed thread here in the "Club Car Stickies." It is very simple to bypass the OBC on that cart. If I recall correctly on your cart the main thing would be running a wire from B- at the controller to the negative activation circuit on the solenoid, and a change in the negative charging cable.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #28
TxBlacksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks to all and esp to you Mooncarter....any suggestions on a new charger?

Working on putting the new\ shoes and drums on the brakes at the moment.. as it was the only new parts my local dealer had.

Also the local guy who seemed familiar with these old carts, said I should upgrade to a 400+ Amp controller?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #29
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Lester Summit 2 is a great charger. Interfaces with your phone and is super easy to program to your brand and model batteries. You may want to give ScottyB or Dave @ Revolution a call. They can make suggestions on controller and charger.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:52 PM   #30
TxBlacksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Wakko47, I will take it under advisement. O.k. guys here is your chance to call me a caveman, dullard, retro idiot etc... I, by choice do not own a smart phone. I have an old Rugby flip phone that I charge once a week. I make phone calls and do short texts...but when I drop it in the mud or water when I am hunting or fishing or camping, it still works great! Over 10 years old, on the second battery and it still works. Hell, it cost more to replace it with the same old phone, than when I paid for it new!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car