lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
barsss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 EGZO Won't Go - Some Times

Bought a 2001 EZGO a couple of weeks ago. Did not run, put new set of Trojan 105's in it. Still did not run downloaded service manual and figured out that controller was bad. Sent controller off to a company in Indiana to be rebuilt. Just got it back. Put in and runs now, but only sometimes. Sometimes when I press the pedal slowly, all I get is the sound of the solenoid clicking no movement. Other times when I press the pedal quickly to full throttle cart takes off and then stops, beeper just beeps at me approx. 10 times. Then other times it runs great and no problems. I have driven it around the block and it did perfect. It seems that it has to do with taking off, if I get it to full speed it does fine. Does anyone have ideas as to what my problem may be.

Thanks in advance, Bryan
barsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EGZO Won't Go - Some Times

Sounds like an electrical short or possibly either the pedal microswitch or ITS?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
barsss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your response, I have checked continuity on the microswitch at its plug at the controller it was fine. I have not checked the ITS will do that tonight. If I understand it correctly I should check in ohms. It will start at zero and go up to 5500, should be smooth going up. Is that correct.

Could it be the solenoid?

Thanks again, I know that you own a cart business, but it is great that you would take the time to help people.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
barsss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

One more thing what is the microswitches job.

Thanks, Bryan
Old 09-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ITS will read ohms but won't tell you there is a problem that way. The older potentiometer type carts (pre 94ish) read ohms and that test was sufficient. If you read across an ITS in ohms it will read approx. 2.4 mega ohms and it will not change when the pedal is mashed. Here is a quick test. Go from the black wire on your speed controller (this is from the ITS) and check from black wire to a battery negative terminal. The reading should be around 14v give or take a little (with key on of course). Now jack up your cart where the rear wheels are off the ground. We are now going to check the white wire (also comes from ITS) to the speed controller. This measurement is also from white wire to negative battery terminal. With the pedal in the up position after the micro switch has been engaged it should be close to .5v give or take a little. As you mash the pedal this voltage should smoothly change to 1.5v full throttle. I've had the won't go sometimes sydrome a couple of times. lol FYI It was always a loose wire, shorted wire, or the speed control overheating.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Anytime you work on the cart and you are checking anything with the accelerator pedal ALWAYS jack up the cart and have the rear wheels off the ground. I should have told you to jack up the cart in the above post immediately before doing any part of the test. I didn't get back in time to edit my post. On the 14v test you will have to click the pedal down (key on) just far enough to click the microswitch in the ITS compartment in the floor (this is under the floor mat on you cart). You can hear the solenoid click when this happens. This will usually indicate your micro switch is good. In the above post I also forgot to tell you use a small paper clip or peice of wire strand to slide into the 4 or 6 pin connector to check the black and white wire on the ITS, becasue everything needs to be hooked up just like it running. You don't have to skin the wire to get access to the strands. I hope this helps.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO