lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Now cart no power

I was trying to wire up the stereo and found out how to wire the accessory wire. Now I have no forward/revers/reverse sound. Is there a fuse box/terminal on these things? I have 2 inline fuses (20 amp and 25 amp) for the accessories and it looks like both are fine.

Frustrated...

FAW
FireAtWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Now cart no power

FAW, what kind of cart do you have?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

1995 TXT I believe. It has the 5 pin controller. ZI think that I might have fried my 3 position switch somehow by crossing the wires. The lights still come on in 3rd position but it won't register to go front or reverse. The soleniod is registering 38A and so is the input and output of the controller. Somehow it just isn't connecting the key with telling the cart that it is on.

FAW

Anyone know where I can get a three position switch with 4 prongs in the back if that is what it is? Is it even possible that I fried the switch?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you fry the switch? I am just so confused on what I could have done. Just no power when I turn the cart to position 1 but if I turn it to Pos 2 the lights come on but still no power to the cart's motor.

FAW
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Blue Chip
Gone Wild

What happens if you try to charge the cart?
Blue Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Starts charging fine. Batteries are new (1 week) and worked fine before I tried to wire upo the stereo. When I was trying to wire up the switchable power (off of the key switch) I might have toutched 2 of the terminals with the voltimiter lead. I have no fuse on this line so there is nothing to blow.

FAW
Old 09-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I spoke to a ez-go dealer in the area and he told me to check the reed switch that if tripped would tell the cart not to run. Does the reed switch ONLY tell the cart not to move when it is charging? Can I just remove the switch as I don't think that I would ever move the cart with the charger in it. Can I take it off and bypass the switch momentarily just to see if that is the problem without spending $44 just to see?

Thanks for any responses.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, Searching these forums is great! I found a plethora of information on Reed Switches and how to jump one to see if it is the problem. I was working on the ignition system and that is when it happened so I will jump the switch tonight and see what happens.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if your reed switch is bad, than just jump it like you have found out. My cart is jumped due to a bad seitch. NOw on my cust carts, i replace it due to liablity. But that switch is not necessary.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO