lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Recent additions

After struggling through getting my new Delta-QuiQ 48 charger working on 42v it is time to work on some other projects. Up here in NW Washington if you don't play golf in the cold weather your golf season is pretty short.

I had already enclosed the back and sides up to near the center of the seat and decided some doors would be a good idea. The vinyl enclosures I have seen are ugly so I decided to build some doors. The Lexan is not in the top of the door yet. I will build the drivers side when this side is done. The door structure is 1/2" square steel tube and I assemble it with my TIG welder.

The fellow I bought it from threw in this cart heater that had never been out of the box. It is a Coleman and is intended to set with the screw in tank in a holder that then goes in one of the cup holders. That was ugly looking and stuck up really high. I made a bracket that has a slot that spans the two center cup holder openings and is bolted through from the back of the holder. I had a 10" hose extension made for the propane tank and it lays in the back of the drivers side glove compartment.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recent additions

very nice job on the doors J, have you had a chance to try that big sunflower?
looks awful close to the cup holders! they get awful hot! i have had members bring those kind of heaters and they come back with a big pimple on the windshield from the heat. with the encloser it would probably be tee shirt weather inside
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I have run it for a hour and nothing around it got even warm. The windshield is 7" away from the heat source and 2" above the plastic below. The heat comes out of the heater toward the rear of the cart and rises. I can put my hand on the plastic below it.

I could see the potential for heat on the windshield if the heater is used as designed. As designed it sets much higher and with the normal windshield tilt it could be quite close to it. I couldn't use it the way it was build-I don't do stock (-:

You may notice that little cart cooler just fits in the corner with a chunk of 4" foam under it for a riser.

Here are a couple of little things that make life easier. First a putter clip. I cut the back retaining strap off and bolted one on each side. Same with ball holders. One on each side. I don't play well so I need lots of extra ammo (-:

Jim
Old 09-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

outstanding J, you happend to jot down any dimentions. im sort of a jack of all, i try, but sometimes it turns on me
didnt happen to rough sketch a print did ya? would love to put this addition on my 06 st, only 4" lift and 20-10x10 tires, i have on of those green weather enclosers, yes the ugly ones, zippers are so loud in the winter time, scares the deer away, and i have noticed in the pic that you have not desided on a latch for the doors
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Haven't got to the latch yet. I have a few ideas.

No plans-just started cutting steel.

One mistake I made was using acrylic clear plastic because it was relatively inexpensive and in stock at my favorite "has everything" hardware store. It is very brittle and cracks around all the bolt holes. I have now gone to Lexan and it is softer and seems to be fine. Unfortunately it is a lot more expensive. Fortunately it is for a toy so the cost doesn't matter

Jim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO