lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Broke down and bought a cart today what to do now?

Thanks again guys.

I have been hard at it all day. Its hard to tell in the pic, but it had gold pin stripes on the side and hood. they are gone and now the side has black pin stripes and the hood has some wide black stripes down it.

I also cleaned, sanded and painted the rims satin black and next week I am going to pick up some wheel covers. I am just not sure about a lift and bigger wheels yet. I am going to try and get some seat covers as well. these are in great shape but I want the tan gone.

I am going to check the brakes and pretty much go through it front to rear over the weekend.

I was going to pull all the batts out and clean the tray, but I will wait until I get replacement cables.

Mike I hear ya on doing it right the first time. I have wasted a ton of money over the years with racing parts not doing it right the first time.

So far I am really happy with my find. I want to thank some of you for slowing me down as a couple weeks ago I was ready to move on some other carts. I think I will be better off in the long run with this one.
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Do your research, get the right stuff the first time. Many people have tried to go low budget, then only have to repurchase the parts again (ummm K9? - LOL).

Ask first - Buy second

MMT is correct and that's why he's bringing that up.

I made the mistake of trying to go cheap on a major part of my build. I initially saved around $80 by purchasing a lift kit off of ebay......
Bad News: I paid for it almost 2 times though when the parts didn't fit, the customer service from the seller was non-existent and, I ended up driving all over Dallas and Fort Worth for a week and a half finding the parts and getting the modifications to the axle that I needed to fix the piece of junk I got.

In the end, I can attest to the fact that it is always better to buy a well known product from an "Authorized Dealer" The sponsors here get referred to on a regular basis..... if your new here it might seem that we are biased and direct people to them like we are getting paid.....this is not the fact, it's just that after playing with our carts for awhile and in my case, learning a few lessons the hard way, it's the sponsors here that have come to the rescue.

Your gonna have a blast building your cart
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Someone thought enough of that cart to put a light kit in it..

Those aren't EZ GO headlights.

Nice looking cart.. good buy, enjoy it !

Welcome to BGW !
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #14
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you decide to put a real seat on it, go not forget to upgrade the rear springs to the HD version.
I'm not a fan of painting the tops, seems like I read more about how it didn't work that I do about how good it looks or how easy it is. Many of the posters here know a lot more than I do about carts, listen to them before you listen to me.

My cart is also a 2005 PDS. I bought it lifted a year ago and the first thing I did was new batteries, 4 ga. cables and soon after that came the Alltrax Controller. I also cleaned the battery tray real good while I had the batteries out and sprayed it down with rubber under-coating.

You'll do your best to resist pumping money into the cart but you know have the sickness and will soon be saying, what can I add next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ~0139532.JPG (132.5 KB, 4 views)
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #15
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

K9 - Gotcha, I will make sure stay away from doing things twice. I have been checking out some sponsor sites and found that a couple are within a couple hours of me. Soon as I get a plan I will make some contact.

csason - Thanks. It is another great site I will frequent.

hitman - I may rethink the top. wasn't going to do that right away. As far as the back seat, I wouldn't mind one, but it adds to the overall length and to be honest I am not sure this thing will fit in my enclosed trailer in front of my race car now and that is why I bought the dang thing LOL. doing some quick math it will be close, but I think with the rear seat it will be too long for sure.

Merry Christmas guys
Old 12-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont know if anybody said so,but you should make sure you put your tow switch in the tow position before you unhook any battery cables.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #17
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Fixer, I did pick up on that. thanks for the reminder. I have already made a little chart to remind me of these types of things.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #18
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Broke down and bought a cart today what to do now?

Ron,all the info you got here is right on !!Heres my 2 cents,as far as wheels and tires,if you want to hold off on that the Craiger SS hub caps from many of the site sponsors are less than $100 and really look like wheels cause they cover the wheel completely,all the guys at the track are going to think you have craigers on your cart.I have a 24 ft enclosed,the cart has a rear seat with folding rear footboard,folded the cart is stock length,my hot rods are big and the fit is little tight but good.Best of luck with your new addiction,little hot rods are alot cheaper than the big ones..Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00974.jpg (109.2 KB, 17 views)
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thats a nice cart to start a build with.
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

SMS-SHOP

Your sig picture looks like a cart version of a Donk (-:

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO