lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
garebel
Not Yet Wild

Smile Runs SLOW

Have 1994 EZ GO Golf Cart that runs very slow, has new batteries and cables, charger automatically shuts it's self off when charge comlpete and batteries show full charge/volts. Has anyone run across this problem or have any info to help????? Also, I am looking for parts list and repair manuals. Very expensive and can't seem to find any used. Have gone to Jacobsen and on line manuals for EZ GO have seen to be removed...if I am looking correctly. Appreciate any help!
garebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runs SLOW

Here's a link to some manuals.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Since its a 1994 cart is do you know what kind of cart it is besides EZGO. How old are your batteries, what is the voltage on your battery pack, etc. Any additional info would be helpful.

OBTW, Welcome !!!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
garebel
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are less than a year old. voltage is 37 - 38. Model # D1395. thanks for the links to manuals!!!!!!
garebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

what do youy consider slow. those older carts did not run very fast.

If its creeping you may have a worn motor. I just had a 96 doin the same thing. I could walk faster than it. Removed motor, installed new bearing and brushes and it picked up alittle, but not much. had EMP build me one and sent it in for a core. Car now does 18mph.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

13mph is about top speed. A hill will get you down to about 8mph. What speed is your cart running at?
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

my 96 has new bats and it has about the same speeed as yours I just cant stand the surging.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
my 96 has new bats and it has about the same speeed as yours I just cant stand the surging.
Surging? Should be a smooth rise in speed. If you are pressing on the accelerator and the cart seems to quit on you and regains speed... that kind of surge? Start a new thread and describe what you can. I think the members here can help you out with that. Just title your thread "Surging, I cant stand it"...
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

I did last year, they said wet or problem in controller hold the pedal steady and it will surge, speed up then slow down bad then repeat. I will replace when it goes out.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO