lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
sophie814
Not Yet Wild

Default Near Douglasville GA and willing to teach?

Hi. I bought a 98 DCS ezgo. I would love to learn how to care for it myself. If anyone lives in the area and would not mind showing me how things work, and common repairs, etc. I'd love to learn. I have no way of towing my cart to you, maybe I could hang around watching you work on yours? I just hope to learn so I can do my own maintenance...but I am starting from zero here! :)

Thanks!
sophie814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Near Douglasville GA and willing to teach?

I would suggest hanging around here reading as much as you can, follow along the threads that interest you, and also pick up or download a service manual and put it in the basket by the throne for some good reading.
It will tell you step by step instructions regarding maintenance procedures.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Honestly, the very first thing you need to do with that cart is to contact ScottyB from Carts Unlimited and purchase a digital voltage meter and install it. DCS carts have a nasty habit of being super picky about voltage......

Also, another small bit of advise. DCS carts do NOT respond well to switching from forward to reverse while the cart is still in motion. things tend to go up in smoke.... Make sure you come to a complete stop before switching from one direction to another.

I (and others here) will be glad to assist you on a case by case basis as issues arise for you, however, as Crash suggested, just roaming the forums here and reading will net you a ton of information.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
sophie814
Not Yet Wild

thanks so much for the great advise! I will get the manual, voltage meter, and make sure I am always completely stopped! I also posted another thread about a noise I am hearing in the rear..maybe you have a suggestion. It seems to make a funny metally noise when slowing down from high rates of speed. Does it with and without breaks on. And I don't think it's that auto slow down thing because it makes that noise even when that's not on..any thoughts? It's in the rear under maybe the rear seat or back of cart. Sounds like metal clanking and eeehhh ehhh ehhh (wish there was a way to digitally record sound and attach it LOL). Thanks!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
sophie814
Not Yet Wild

PS does anyone know a free place to download the service manual? I looked around and see it's $77! I did find one on ebay for $32 (not too bad) but wasn't sure if there was a free download. Also if my cart's plaque says built 8/97 do I want a 1998 manual (dealer told me since built late it's a 98--is that true?)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you should be ablr to go right to the e-z go website and download it or someone here will know how to get it.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

They are in the stickies

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO