lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
malenurse
Not Yet Wild

Default My Yamaha G2 project pics and question

Whats up everyone. My first post but been lurking for awhile. I didnt take any before pics but as you can see I still need to do the upholstery. I painted it with rustoleum plastic paint and rustoleum hammered paint on the wheels because they were pretty rusty. Not a perfect job but good enough for me as Im on a tight budget. Anyway my questions are as you can see from the front end pic my front tires are slanted in and I dont know why or how to fix it. I dont know if they were like that when I got the cart I didnt notice until I replaced the tires. Also looking to put a dashboard and back seat in and was wondering if there were any plans out there to build them. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3210025.jpg (49.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P3210026.jpg (53.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P3210027.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)
malenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
luckyjohnson
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My Yamaha G2 project pics and question

I also have a G2 i ran into the same problem after i did my lift,but it was easily cured by the adjustment for the lift,not sure without lift. check and make sure nothings bent,also jack the cart up & ck your kingpins.and steering knuckles.
luckyjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
buggie brandon
Not Yet Wild

The problem with the wheels is called "towin" toe-in it is common on four wheeler's but it can happen to anything with four wheels. You would probably have to replace most of the front-end parts the fix the problem, such as the spindles etc.
Hope this helps! By the way the cart looks great. I have a G2 also that I am hoping to restore.
buggie brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
luckyjohnson
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

How did you get yours pics uploaded? I just did a ground up restoration on mine & wanted to share pics.
luckyjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Actually it isn't toe in it's a camber issue due to the single a arm design. When I built my lift I had to build lower shock mounts to get the tires straight. My friend on his that wasn't lifted replaced the front shocks.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #6
malenurse
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all the input I'm getting. So if I just replace the shocks it should fix?
malenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha