lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
strip
Not Yet Wild

Default Desert Summer Storage

I just bought a 04 Yamaha G22E and now I'm storing it in my garage in Palm Springs for the summer.

I am putting it on blocks. Any suggestions on where to place the blocks?

There will be no one to service or charge the batteries until fall. Any suggestions on what I should do to service it before I leave.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
strip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Desert Summer Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strip View Post
I just bought a 04 Yamaha G22E and now I'm storing it in my garage in Palm Springs for the summer.

I am putting it on blocks. Any suggestions on where to place the blocks?

There will be no one to service or charge the batteries until fall. Any suggestions on what I should do to service it before I leave.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Outstanding questions. I'll try to awnser the easy one first. Place the blocks were they will be resting on the main frame or transaxle tubes . Now for the hard one to explain...you either have a "Mac" or "DPI" charger, they are both "fully automatic" charges, meaning they will turn them selves on (charge) when battery voltage drops automaticly (as long that there was not an AC power outage). When uncharged/unattended (useually 1 month's time or more) the battery set will drop below 44 volts, at that point the charger will not restart because it doesn't sence it's plugged into anything. I would not disconnect the battery cables, that would not help at all. I would suggest..put the "run/tow switch" into tow (cuts off power to the controller), I would leave the charger plugged into the ac power and the car, let the charger do it's job. I would also like you to have a "caretaker" (once a month) check to see if the chargers "green light" is on, that means ac power is good, the charger is working and the battery set is where it should be. Sorry for the long post, can't tell you how many car's I've had to "force charge" just to get the charger to start again. Battery's can be severly damaged/loss of expended life capacity if this happens. Hope that helps alittle.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
strip
Not Yet Wild

A friend of mine has a trickel charger he puts on during the summer when unattended. It is the first year he is doing this therefore I do not have results on how well it works.

What would work better, getting a trickle charger or just leaving it on the Yamaha charger.
strip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Another idea I had would be to put a small (1-2 A) charger on the battery pack through a timer that would come on for maybe 2-4 hours a week to replace the charge lost through self discharge. Someone to check on things periodically is a good idea. I store my cart (EZGO) in Florida and I decided to have my house watcher run the battery pack through a complete charge cycle once a month. (my charger is not automatic so has to be connected - then - disconnected every time). I disconnected everything except the charge cables. I'll know how it worked in October when we return . Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha