lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
doclomlom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 08 CC brake cable

I replaced by brake cables, and we're back in business. However, I must say that removing those stupid clips that secure the cables in the frame was brutal. Obviously I didn't have the tool, and anything I tried didn't work. I ended up just ripping them apart with various tools at my disposal, I'm just glad there was no sledge hammer anywhere near or my cart would have been in pieces. I'd say it was the most frustrating thing I've done in a long time. Why Club Car doesn't include some sort of cheap removal tool in the cable package is beyond me. It should come with a disclaimer that says something about throwing tools, yelling profanities, wasting your afternoon, etc... if you attempt to do this repair without the proper 'tool'. Installing the new ones was a breeze. So, my advice is, unless you are totally bored and have nothing to do for a day, get the dumb tool if you are going to attempt this repair!!
doclomlom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclomlom View Post
I replaced by brake cables, and we're back in business. However, I must say that removing those stupid clips that secure the cables in the frame was brutal. Obviously I didn't have the tool, and anything I tried didn't work. I ended up just ripping them apart with various tools at my disposal, I'm just glad there was no sledge hammer anywhere near or my cart would have been in pieces. I'd say it was the most frustrating thing I've done in a long time. Why Club Car doesn't include some sort of cheap removal tool in the cable package is beyond me. It should come with a disclaimer that says something about throwing tools, yelling profanities, wasting your afternoon, etc... if you attempt to do this repair without the proper 'tool'. Installing the new ones was a breeze. So, my advice is, unless you are totally bored and have nothing to do for a day, get the dumb tool if you are going to attempt this repair!!
Yep.. Well worth 20-25 bucks or so ain't it?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
gadavis
Gone Wild

The tool will save a lot of time and skint knuckles. You can believe this one!

Gene Davis
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
RhinoGuy
Not Yet Wild

Where do I get the tool for this? My local auto parts store didnt know what I was talking about when I tried to buy it.

I was able to get the rear clip off easy, but the one under the floor board is driving me nuts.
RhinoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoGuy View Post
Where do I get the tool for this? My local auto parts store didnt know what I was talking about when I tried to buy it.

I was able to get the rear clip off easy, but the one under the floor board is driving me nuts.
From a Club Car dealer. Part number 102555501
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
RhinoGuy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
From a Club Car dealer. Part number 102555501
Thanks! Do you happen to know the I.D. of that tool? It looks like something I could make. There is not a dealer near my home.

Thanks,
-RG
RhinoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoGuy View Post
Thanks! Do you happen to know the I.D. of that tool? It looks like something I could make. There is not a dealer near my home.

Thanks,
-RG
No idea about the size. Dealers ship UPS.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car