lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
SCLakes
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 club car .. what upgrades are needed

OK I've got a stock 08 club car w. A 6 inch spindle lift and I'm curious of what upgrades do I need to do next. Its got 22 inch tires and runs fine but the battery cables get warm.
SCLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 club car .. what upgrades are needed

What size cables do you have? I would recommend 4g at minimal. The stock cables on 2004 and newer are 6g. They work fine with the stock tires, but when you add larger tires and extra weight they tend to warm up. But if you decide to upgrade the controller and motor go with 2g and you will be fine. It's all about how far you want to upgrade the cart. But if you are going to keep it they way it's is now, 4g wires will be perfect.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also a larger 200amp solenoid would benefit the cart as well. If you have a 500amp controller or larger I would recommend the largest 400amp solenoid.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Question is how much money you want to spend we got ideas but they all include MONEY
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
jasonjaj26
Not Yet Wild

I have a club car precedent and added a 6in lift rear seat and 22inch tires. i just replaced all four batteries and it will not climb a hill. it wouldn't even before i changed the batteries... it will run about 22-25 mph on flat land but when you try and go up a hill it just stops. would this be the motor or controller? maybe both? i'm planning on using it for hunting so i really need to figure this out. Any ideas? or things to check?
thanks!
jasonjaj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car