lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
DieselCash
Not Yet Wild

Default Will not start once it warms up.

I am new to golf carts. But, not new to keeping 4 wheels on the road.

I just purchased a Club Car gas 4 seat golf cart. It was running great. My kids were having a blast running around on it in the yard. Then, out of know were it died. I grabbed my multi meter and the battery was at 12.81 volts. I checked the one single fuse and it was good. Not bad considering my kids put the golf cart and the battery to the ultimate test.

I let the cart cool down for about 1 hour. I went out to look it over and it fired up. I took it for a ride and it gave me no issues. I parked it and went inside. Grabbed the kids and tried again. It made it up the drive way. I stopped for a car and that was it. It would not start again. It was still hot from the first ride I did. i do hear the small switches inside the black box clicking. But, I do not hear anything else.

My first guess is the starter/starting solenoid. After I post this I will look for a post about how to test it out.

Thanks for any help!
DieselCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Will not start once it warms up.

After it acts up is it turning over or just completely dead when your hit the pedal? If it's completely dead start at the micro switch activated by the pedle then make your way to starter solenoid also remember if it's a solenoid these are continuous duty solenoids so a car one will not work as a replacement if it's turning over but not firing check spark or a dry plug that will tell us is it's ingition or fuel related
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
DieselCash
Not Yet Wild

It is completely dead.
I will check the micro switches.

I let it sit all night left alone. Went out first thing this morning and it fired right up.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
mrlmd
Gone Wild

You may need a new coil - they frequently fail when they get heated up, function again when they cool off.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
DieselCash
Not Yet Wild

I do not think it is the coil. Because the starter motor is what completely stopped working. I do not think the coil can stop that. But, I might be wrong.

I did some checks. Still want to do some more. I am not 100% sure I am doing this right. But here I go.

The key when off shows zero volts. When turned on shows the 12.8 volts.

The solenoid on the large side next to the battery shows the same as the battery. When I press on the gas it drops to 5.8 volts. The other large side shows zero volts till I used my power probe 3 then it showed 11.8 volts. The two small post show zero with key off. With key on they are the same as the battery.

The two micro switches I am still attempting to figure out. Will write up more on them after dinner.

Thanks,
Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
DieselCash
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what I did, but, she is alive!!!

I could not get my multi-meter to work properly. So I tested the micro switches with my power probe 3.

I removed both switches cleaned them up and played around with them. I then hooked a hot power from the battery on one terminal. Then with my power probe on the other I kept flipping the micro switch. They both worked as they should. I reinstalled the micro switches and she fired right up.

Like I said, not sure how that fixed it. Just glad it was a free fix, minus my time.

It is know time to lube and clean her up.

Thanks for all y'all s help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car