lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
outatime
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: LSV Cart insurance

Hi guys

I got a letter from State Farm a month ago to let me know that my LSV insurance has gone up and got the renewal today for 6 months they want $217 so that would be $440ish for the year! Seems a lot for someone who just drives around the community running there dog!

Anyone recommend any other company who can offer me a better deal, btw I am in Florida too!

Thank you

Stuart
outatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

Ouch! Have you had any tickets or other claim activity with State Farm recently? Or is this just a stick-it-to-the-consumer increase?

Try Geico....they're doing me right in GA.
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #23
outatime
Not Yet Wild

Thanks GeoJoe

I have been on the phone with Geico today and trying to make people understand about LSV's is just a big headache, they think its just a golf cart to be insured!

You don't happen to have a agent or some point of contact do you who knows what they are talking about?

Also they said I need to have a car insured with them to be able to get a golf cart insured.

Help!!

Thanks agin

Stuart
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #24
outatime
Not Yet Wild

BTW, Recived a letter from State Farm to inform me of LSV rate increases a few weeks ago so I think its a "stick-it-to-the-consumer increase" !
Old 08-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #25
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

We do have several vehicles with Geico already. I just gave them the VIN of the cart and they knew what to do with it. I don't have a contact. I think they actually outsource some of the odd vehicles like carts, boats, atv's, etc to other companies. Maybe it's time to dump State Farm altogether?
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
dougmcp
Gone Wild

From what I know, vehicles in Florida must have PIP in order to be driven on the streets and not having it is illegal. Scubabud has lots of experience with this as he is a FL resident and has been dealing with this insurance thing for a couple of years.
For those who don't know, here's a primer on the subject.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is used to cover someone injured in an accident regardless of any fault. Understanding PIP can be the difference between being adequately covered for an accident, and being under insured.

Florida law requires the owner of a vehicle to carry at least $10,000 of PIP as long as the vehicle is registered. This means up to $10,000 in medical bills resulting from a vehicle accident will be covered. The requirement applies to the owner of any vehicle with at least four wheels.

Florida Law: The owner of a vehicle who does not carry PIP can have her license suspended for up to three years, or until showing proof of insurance. To get the license back, the owner must pay a reinstatement fee of $150 for the first offense. The fee increases for subsequent offenses up to a maximum of $500.

From what I have read, the following states require PIP coverage: Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Utah and Texas.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #27
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

I live in Florida and I have State Farm and I got a letter last week and they are bumping up my coverage from 138 to 450. I told them they will lose me as a customer. I'm glad they made me shop because I found All State insurance will give me a better deal on my cart as will as my cars. So F off State Farm
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #28
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills2 View Post
I live in Florida and I have State Farm and I got a letter last week and they are bumping up my coverage from 138 to 450. I told them they will lose me as a customer. I'm glad they made me shop because I found All State insurance will give me a better deal on my cart as will as my cars. So F off State Farm
That's where I went as well with my wifes car and my LSV! Not all Allstate agents know they can write LSV insurance... I believe Florida has changed the law to require LSV's to be insured just like any other automobile... no longer a special division for them.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #29
unclet01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just put insurance on my Club Car Friday. I went with Foremost on mine. They gave me a good rate and coverage. My coverage is as follows:

Bodily Injury Protection : $ 100,000/300,000
Passenger Liability : $ 100,000/300,000
Property Damage Coverage : $ 50,000
Medical Payments : $ 1,000
Other than collision : $ 250.00 deductable
Collision : $ 250.00 deductable

I went to my agent's office for this and my annual premium is $ 52.00 per year ( I could have even broken this up into three monthly payments ? ) . Take that price along with the $ 5.00 permit fee at the DMV and I'm riding pretty cheap legal. (sorry for the long post)
unclet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #30
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

unclet01, does your insurance include PIP coverage? In Florida I have to have PIP on my cart or it isn't coverage. Do you have a LSV cart?
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin