lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default New to me G29 questions.

So I am trying to get my 2008 G29 up to par before I start dumping money into wheels, paint, and seats. It came with some generic key ignition and headlight switch and no charge meter. I have ordered the OEM key switch and battery charge meter. I was hoping someone would have a pic of where this stuff was new. I am not sure if the FWD/REV is stock but it works. What did the original headlight switch look like? Here is a pic of what I am starting with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161229_061322.jpg (114.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20161229_061337.jpg (144.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170110_192751.jpg (257.6 KB, 0 views)
Milkman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me G29 questions.

Also found this plug under cowl. After testing pins it seems it is for the lighting? It is just hanging down by the buzzer. I didn't see it on the manual or see anywhere to plug it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170105_213454.jpg (103.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have just reworked two G29's, both were golf course fleet carts, a 2011 and a 2012, w/o lights. But to answer your questions. FWD/REV is normal but it looks like the rubber switch cover has come off. Light switch is pull/push in the normal location. There were no battery indicators on either of them.
One thing I have been done to both carts is replace the transaxle oil. It must be the Yamaha Friction Modified oil for the brake in the transaxle. Both carts have great brakes and a very quiet transaxle.
I installed the new DoubleTake Vortex bodies on both carts with a complete new light harness. That looks like the connector to mate to the turn signal/horn harness on the steering column.
A link to a post here on a lithium upgrade in the cart.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rtex-body.html

Last edited by PingEye3; 01-10-2017 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: additional info
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Ping! I hadn't thought about there being a rubber cover on the switch. I did pull the plug on the transaxle to look at it and it came pouring our so I shoved the plug back in and wiped it down. I guess I am going to be in the market for a service manual cause I have more questions then answers!
Old 01-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
dmjohn29
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I also have a 2008 G29, but mine is the PTV model (lights, turn, brake lights, horn). I have the Yamaha battery gauge and my light switch is a rocker instead of a pull switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash.jpg (112.7 KB, 0 views)
dmjohn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

Do you have functioning headlights, taillights, and turn-signals? That plug looks like an aftermarket street legal kit for headlights, taillights, and turn-signals (specifically a Madjax kit - although many aftermarket vendors could use the same plugs). Lastly, I believe my OE headlight switch was a pull switch like you show, but gets replaced with a flasher toggle switch when you convert to the street legal kit.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yes I have functioning Headlights/tail lights. No turn signals or brake light switch. Also was installed connected to one battery so I don't think it was installed originally but I think the lights are Yamaha. They are getting replaced anyway cause the lens on the tails are cracked and sun beat. Any advice on finding a new rear bumper? New they are like $120! Someone was kind enough to drill some holes in this one and probably mounted something to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170110_192811.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Light wiring is definitely not Yamaha. And alot of the aftermarket light kits are made to appear like the stock ones.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #9
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

cgtech you are right. I tore into it when I got home. Stock ignition came and it fits perfect except they cut the plug off..... Of course. I am ready to start tearing this thing apart to get paint and seats done. At least she will look pretty then!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:23 AM   #10
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I swear that large plug is to upgrade your light kit harness to use turn signals. It's identical to the Madjax kit. See here:

http://www.mymadjax.com/core/media/m...4f0b5&_xt=.pdf

http://www.mymadjax.com/Shop-by-Cate.../02-006_2.html
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha