lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default HELP! G8A Cart is Randomly a no start

1. NEW - Start/stop switch, starter/generator, start solenoid, voltage regulator, and the Ignitor. Also some new re-wiring ( accessory) , and tracing wiring - "main harness" .

2. Oh, Sun City AZ. So today, drove about 2miles, surface street,s to golf course 7 intersections. Had to retrace back to home, and retrace back to golf course. No problems on starts UNTIL the final intersection - Grand Ave / 107th. Green light, my turn to go, and NOTHING ( this has happened before, usually on the course somewhere) Fortunately it was a down hill push across the 4 lane highway, and nice drivers giving me a break.

Lets say this was about 9:10 when it quit. Pushed it 1/4 mile to golf course,and waited for buddies to get done, so I could have another tow, OR a follow oush home. About 10:15 retried it, and it fired! Drove it home about noon with a friend tagging along behind in case it quit again.

-> This is NOT the first time it's 'quit', cooled down, and restarted. Practically every week it's quit, usually on the course. and after it had sat, it'll restart.
Each week I try something else, sometimes if I tapped on the start stop switch it would engage and fire up! New switch, no luck with that.

Really need ideas - Would a flakey oil sensor cause a complete shutdown? The red/white wire from the start / stop switch splices into 5 wires, putting power to the spark coil, V/R, Start solenoid, Ignitor, and "timing" coil.

When it dies, there is Nothing , totally nothing stirring, And yes the fues is not blown, accessories are powered.

?? Something in the engine bay gets HOT and opens a circuit until it cools ??

Been fighting this beast since mid October when me ground wires melted. Kinda getting tired of flockin' with it. Could use INPUT>
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #2
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: HELP! G8A Cart is Randomly a no start

Hmm, by dead, no start - It's as though the Starter Solenoid ( "new") decided to freeze up, and when it cools off, will reengage. It's a No starter turning situation... .... ****. maybe. No Refunds on electrical parts at local Yama dealer. I'll call and price another Official Yama Solenoid....
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha