lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
tlfinn
Getting Wild

Default EZGO new F/R switch now no REVERSE???

I just replaced the F/R switch making sure to put everything back in the same place and I can move forward but no reverse. :/
the solenoid clicks...green light on the alltrax with no error codes....but it wont move....I have a full battery pack reading on the F/R post when its in reverse but no movement. If i switch the right and left big cables on the FR switch it moves in reverse but I have no forward then.

2001 36V Ezgo TXT series Alltrax controller SR 48400
tlfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO new F/R switch now no REVERSE???

obviously its not a cable...you need to adjust the placement of the switch. you may have noticed the holes where its bolted down are oval allowing side to side adjustment. it appears you need to adjust it one way or the other to ensure the contacts on the switch are fully aligned.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
tlfinn
Getting Wild

I will sure try to adjust it....but if it activatiing the solenoid and controller isnt it making good contact? or am I missing something?
Old 01-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlfinn View Post
I will sure try to adjust it....but if it activatiing the solenoid and controller isnt it making good contact? or am I missing something?
You are missing something.
There are two microswitches on the F/R assembly.
The contact in one of them is closed in either F or R and activates the solenoid and controller while the contacts in the other are only closed in R and activated the reverse beeper and the controller's 1/2 speed reverse function.

The stationary and moveable high amp contacts located in the F/R assembly send the high amps to the motor's stator windings in one direction when in F or the other direction when in R.

Apparently the cam in your F/R is not rotating fully into the R position. It ought to rotate all the way into the mechanical stop for F and for R.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This may help. See the note to ensure the new switch is in the EXACT same location as the original due to linkage throws and such. We send this document out with every TXT F&R.
One surefire test for linkage throw problem is to disconnect the linkage and shift using a 9/16 wrench if the failed direction works shifting this way then floor placement is definitely the problem. Find the old placement marks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1 EZ ------____F & R.jpg (116.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #6
tlfinn
Getting Wild

well i unhooked the linkage and rotated it all the way to the mechanical stop and still no reverse....i feel like its making good contact for it to activate everything...
Old 01-24-2022, 11:17 AM   #7
tlfinn
Getting Wild

Anything else I can try? I am trying to avoid taking it to a shop...I got burned by the local guy who fixed nothing on an issue earlier this year and charged me an arm and a leg
Old 01-24-2022, 06:02 PM   #8
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

When you installed the f/r switch did you put a backup wrench on the shaft coming out of the switch? If not the mechanical stop is easily moved. Consequently your contacts will be out of alignment.
MacGyverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
tlfinn
Getting Wild

I will remove the switch this afternoon and double check to see better if they are lining up
Old 01-25-2022, 08:06 AM   #10
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I say cut your losses and frustration and buy a Heavy Duty forward reversing contactor. There's one available used in the Golf Carts and Parts for sale section of this forum. If that's not available then buy it from ScottyB. That antiquated switch is the source of many problems.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180860
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO