lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
Mightyoak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Little more speed

Hi All,
I have 2016 precedent mostly stock except 10” wheels. New batteries. Want to get another 4-5 mph inexpensively balanced with ease of installation. Definitely want to keep under $500 and don’t need huge gain just drive to the clubhouse. There are some moderate hills there and on the course so a little added torque is a bonus. Help me with what setups you think are best!
Thanks,
Mightyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Little more speed

Plum Quick Bandit is the best bang for your buck. I gained about 3mph and 25% torque when I did it.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #3
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
Plum Quick Bandit is the best bang for your buck. I gained about 3mph and 25% torque when I did it.
I can second that. It was just what I needed for my 2017 model. A modest, but noticeable, bump in speed and off-the-line boost. Very happy with the results.
rowlands57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:19 PM   #4
Mightyoak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been looking at that for awhile now. A good time to send it out since it’s winter. Any other thoughts?
Old 01-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stock motor can give 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph with a simple Alltrax XCT400IQ controller. If you add a performance motor the OEM controller will still be the bottleneck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Stock motor can give 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph with a simple Alltrax XCT400IQ controller. If you add a performance motor the OEM controller will still be the bottleneck.
I’d agree with Scotty here. You’ll get more bang for your buck with an upgraded controller than a motor.

But nothin for nothin, we all know the motor will come anyway after about 6 months. That’s just how it works
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Mightyoak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Scotty,
Nothing else needed? Best way to order from you if that is the route I go?
Old 01-22-2022, 06:31 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The minimum suggested would be the XCT48400control and SW180 solenoid combo. I would invest in the Alltrax install kit (cheap). This makes the install much easier. My signature is still a link to my website or use the email in my signature to request a link. Thanks for asking
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:54 PM   #9
Mightyoak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The minimum suggested would be the XCT48400control and SW180 solenoid combo. I would invest in the Alltrax install kit (cheap). This makes the install much easier. My signature is still a link to my website or use the email in my signature to request a link. Thanks for asking
Trying to search install instructions. Is this fairly involved or pretty straight forward? Have not done this before and looks like others have tons of issues wiring wrong. Most I have done is install lights, batteries, windshield, and new body.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:59 PM   #10
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Plum Quick has my motor now and should have it back in about 2 weeks. (4-5 weeks turn around time.

I have a 2018 Precedent with speed code 4 and can push 20mph with 10" tires and stock.

Plum Quick says I should be able to do 25-28mph.

Of course once it's back and in I'll need to do a test and report.
Camaro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car