lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #1
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Wheel/Tire Combo Size

I am in the process of determining which wheel/tire combo I want to get for my cart. I currently have a 22-inch overall size on an 11-inch wheel. I have two questions.
1. Should I be concerned with the depth of the wheel or are all of the common wheel/tire combos the same?
2. The combo I have on the cart now seems a little big. I say this because the steering wheel turned all the one way in either direction makes the tires rub a little on the cart. Would I notice a big difference if I brought the combo size down to a 20-inch overall size on a 10-inch wheel?
SoFLCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wheel/Tire Combo Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLCart View Post
I am in the process of determining which wheel/tire combo I want to get for my cart. I currently have a 22-inch overall size on an 11-inch wheel. I have two questions.
1. Should I be concerned with the depth of the wheel or are all of the common wheel/tire combos the same?
2. The combo I have on the cart now seems a little big. I say this because the steering wheel turned all the one way in either direction makes the tires rub a little on the cart. Would I notice a big difference if I brought the combo size down to a 20-inch overall size on a 10-inch wheel?
Do you have a lift? Also, are you going for looks or performance?
DJNMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:25 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm guessing you have a 3" lift and the 22" tires? Yes, on a DS that will rub on full turns. And yes dropping to 20" tires will clear much better.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:45 PM   #4
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNMS3 View Post
Do you have a lift? Also, are you going for looks or performance?
I do have a lift. I am not so much going for looks per se but more interested in performance. I currently have lawnmower tires on the wheels and the road just eats them up!
Old 01-29-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I'm guessing you have a 3" lift and the 22" tires? Yes, on a DS that will rub on full turns. And yes dropping to 20" tires will clear much better.
This is what I was thinking as well. I am also replacing the wheels too so wanted to make sure the wheel depth is not something I should be overly concerned about. I am assuming most wheel/tire combos are the same width-wise. I know I saw wheel depth measurements before but I hope those are just unique in general.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:21 PM   #6
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I do have a lift. I am not so much going for looks per se but more interested in performance. I currently have lawnmower tires on the wheels and the road just eats them up!
Have you considered spacers? Seems like the tires may be too big. 20” all terrain tires might do the trick.
DJNMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #7
Cavediver86
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
This is what I was thinking as well. I am also replacing the wheels too so wanted to make sure the wheel depth is not something I should be overly concerned about. I am assuming most wheel/tire combos are the same width-wise. I know I saw wheel depth measurements before but I hope those are just unique in general.
There is nothing "standard" on aftermarket tires and wheels from what I've been seeing. The only standard you can bet on is stock 18"x8" . When going after market you need to know what you are buying. Getting a negative offset will set your tires and rims away from the cart. If you have zero offset now that may help. If you buy a positive offset you may have the same problem even going snaller. Going from 22" to 20" theoretically only clears you 1 inch. That's another point that not all tires are exactly the size they say. Design and tread as well as pressure all affect overall size.

Don't assume anything. Find out exactly what you have now and make your adjustments based on that.
Cavediver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car