lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
shortthrow50
Not Yet Wild

Default Need a new muffler for my 91 G2. Thinking about one of Plowmans mufflers

I try to call that plowmans carts and I get that buzzing sound like im getting a fax machine. Whats up with that? Should i just get a stock muffler of ebay or whats up with mufflers on these carts? My old one is basically plugged up from soot and hard to blow through. plus the pipe is completely rusted out
shortthrow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Need a new muffler for my 91 G2. Thinking about one of Plowmans mufflers

I hardly ever hear of them going bad. Is up to you what you do, they are kind of restrictive but I don't know what improvement you would see with a better muffler, not much if it did help but it should. Plowmans has good stuff though, not heard of any issues with him.

If its a G2 it must be running bad or burning oil to soot it up. People have cut them open and modified them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
shortthrow50
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need a new muffler for my 91 G2. Thinking about one of Plowmans mufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I hardly ever hear of them going bad. Is up to you what you do, they are kind of restrictive but I don't know what improvement you would see with a better muffler, not much if it did help but it should. Plowmans has good stuff though, not heard of any issues with him.

If its a G2 it must be running bad or burning oil to soot it up. People have cut them open and modified them.
my exit pipe was totally rusted out and gone. so all the hot exhaust gas was staying right in engine compartment creating excessive heat. I wound up going with a new stock muffler. Plowmans was tough to get a hold of I called the number on the website several times but kept getting a fax machine sound and no answering machine or voicemail to verify the number works.
shortthrow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha