lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2022, 01:22 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car DS all new everything wont run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally1989 View Post
Just checked voltage on both sides of the pack to the frame. key on and key off. zero for both.
Ok that’s good

Did you buy a new wire harness or make your own? I believe there’s some diodes in the oem harness that may cause issues if not there
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 03:51 PM   #22
smally1989
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Ok that’s good

Did you buy a new wire harness or make your own? I believe there’s some diodes in the oem harness that may cause issues if not there
Sorry for the slow response. I was out of town for work. I think I have the problem narrowed down to the F/R switch. Its the Club car DS "Heavy Duty Forward /Reverse Switch part#5770. I found a generic wiring Diagram on line that eliminated the F/R switch. Thus the motor is wired to only run in forward. Guess what? she runs like a champ in forward. So even though a local shop said my F/R switch was wired correctly and it wrang out on a fluke I think we may have something not correct wiring wise on that switch. Next problem is I cant find a good wiring diagram for that switch. Lots of drawings with wires going in and out but nothing really labeled
smally1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This should be the right diagram

The HD switch should connect exactly the same as the original one, just has heavier duty contacts
Old 01-22-2022, 05:21 PM   #24
smally1989
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavediver86 View Post
Man that is a bummer to hear. I had a EZGO that had this ever moving gremlin in it. I finally had to cut my losses. I now have a 48volt clubcar and fully charged I'm at 51.x volts. 49v is only about 60% charged. Not saying that's it!
Ok so here is my confusion. On this switch S2 and S1 are no brainers. They connect to the back of the switch as shown and go directly to their corresponding posts on the motor. Its the A2 M- that has me. They land on the part of the switch that faces the front of the cart. In some drawings M- and A2 look like they connect to the two bottom terminals on the front of the switch. If you look at your drawing it looks like M- goes in the top corner and connects up there. I went this route this time. The switch does not work in forward or reverse while wire like this. [ATTACH]back of switch.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front of switch.jpg (91.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Try this

I don’t know which wires are going where on your cart so hard for anyone to tell from this end. But plum quick has a good diagram of the FNR on their site that may help you

https://plumquick.com/maintenance/techtips/
Old 01-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #26
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Per CP241's link, the diagram 1/3 way down the page shows the 4 connections.

As you said, the S-1 and S-1 [rotating contacts] are easy to identify. On the front, make sure the top terminal goes to M- on the controller. The bottom terminal goes to A-2 on the motor.

If you have it connected this way, you may not be getting an M- out of your controller due to other misconnections or limit switch wiring issues. You can disconnect the M- wire at the controller and connect one VOM lead to pack + and the other end to the M- terminal.

You should have 48 volts when you push the go pedal. If not, something still is not wired correctly, but it is not the main motor wiring.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:04 PM   #27
smally1989
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Per CP241's link, the diagram 1/3 way down the page shows the 4 connections.

As you said, the S-1 and S-1 [rotating contacts] are easy to identify. On the front, make sure the top terminal goes to M- on the controller. The bottom terminal goes to A-2 on the motor.

If you have it connected this way, you may not be getting an M- out of your controller due to other misconnections or limit switch wiring issues. You can disconnect the M- wire at the controller and connect one VOM lead to pack + and the other end to the M- terminal.

You should have 48 volts when you push the go pedal. If not, something still is not wired correctly, but it is not the main motor wiring.
Working on it fellas, will let you all know! Thanks again, i know we will get it !!
Old 01-23-2022, 09:26 PM   #28
smally1989
Not Yet Wild

Well I would like to thank everyone for their help on my project. After talking to more people than I can count From Alltrax to Barry at Golf cart kings ( even a local shop who picked her up and then dropped her off claiming " it looks correct but it wont run") i've finally gotten her solved. Our problem lies in the F/R switch.The drawings we have which came from Alltrax showed the M- landing on the bottom lug on the front side of the F/R switch. That M- needed to be landed on the top right lug of the F/R switch. She is up and running after three months down. I cant thank you all enough for bouncing your ideas my way. I ran the cart around the block a few times im at 21.6 mph and i'm still in the break in period. Thanks once again fellas I couldn't have done this without you all.

Tags
alltrax, cc ds, no torque, not running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car