lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #11
zspin27
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

I picked up an i60L a few weeks ago and absolutely love it so far! But I’m also interested in making a few minor tweaks. I haven’t reached out to Icon but if anyone is able to give me some tips on acquiring the software and cable it would be greatly appreciated!
zspin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #12
zspin27
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspin27 View Post
I picked up an i60L a few weeks ago and absolutely love it so far! But I’m also interested in making a few minor tweaks. I haven’t reached out to Icon but if anyone is able to give me some tips on acquiring the software and cable it would be greatly appreciated!
Also, I’m new to the forum and don’t believe I can DM yet? But if you can DM me that would be great and I can email you back. THANKS!!!
zspin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:51 PM   #13
Kmoores
Not Yet Wild

How might I get my hands on that NEOS software? I'm a Yamaha dealer and their programming software is trash. Thinking I may be able to use the same program Icon offers to tune the same controller in a Yamaha.
Kmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #14
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
6000 = 30mph on the speedo, but I've been curious how accurate those are on the lifted vs non-lifted. I'd be shocked if his speedo was programmed differently. I've driven past those "Slow Down" speed signs and had different readings.
ATrain

Sent you a DM. Would love to chat about your knowledge on these carts.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #15
Chieftini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just bought a ICON 40 2021. Can you recommend a vendor that can supply a brush bar or bumper for this ?
Chieftini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #16
Johnnyboy10
Not Yet Wild

can you someone tell me where to buy the cable to run this program and change the RPM's. I just bought an advanced EV and want to push the speed up a bit.
Johnnyboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #17
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Been playing around with the cart and finally got the software so ordered pieces to make cable.
What is interesting is that the Speedo on the dash shows a HIGHER speed than GPS. Which is opposite of what you would think would be happening if all Speedos are programmed for the smaller tire size. If they were programmed and synced to 25MPH with smaller tires, not changing programming and increasing tire size should mean dash shows 25 and GPS/actual speed over ground is higher.

Its not. Dash shows 25 and my cart is going 22. Dealer is going to help out but wont go past legal limit (25MPH) in Florida. Hes talked to ICON and said the only thing he can do is just make it 25MPH on GPS and dash will show probably still show 28. Which I wonder if that is what is happening to people on here who say their cart goes 28-29MPH. I bet via GPS its 25
Old 02-22-2021, 06:01 PM   #18
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Been playing around with the cart and finally got the software so ordered pieces to make cable.
What is interesting is that the Speedo on the dash shows a HIGHER speed than GPS. Which is opposite of what you would think would be happening if all Speedos are programmed for the smaller tire size. If they were programmed and synced to 25MPH with smaller tires, not changing programming and increasing tire size should mean dash shows 25 and GPS/actual speed over ground is higher.

Its not. Dash shows 25 and my cart is going 22. Dealer is going to help out but wont go past legal limit (25MPH) in Florida. Hes talked to ICON and said the only thing he can do is just make it 25MPH on GPS and dash will show probably still show 28. Which I wonder if that is what is happening to people on here who say their cart goes 28-29MPH. I bet via GPS its 25

The speedos are pegged to the controller RPMs. I recall the dash itself can be programmed, but if the cart speed is incorrect, they most likely programmed the wrong profile to your cart.

I wouldn't bother trying to use logic with smaller/larger tires, etc...I think they just hook up a computer, choose 1 file out of 6 or so, click "write" and that's pretty much it. If they choose the wrong file, your cart performs poorly.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:17 AM   #19
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Agreed it looks like the speedo can be programmed. Gunna see what the dealer can do. I think I see where issue is based on the profiles I was able to find and download online with software. According to data sheet on ICON site, the i60L is a 14:1 axle with 23 in tires and the only profiles Im seeing for a 23 in tire is 16:1. Based on the current RPM calculated on known GPS speed and gear ratio (4500), I think they programmed a 12:1 ratio on 22 tires which gets you the same 4500 RPM limit and is an available profile.

Atrain - check your DMs. Would like to chat with you about some things
Old 02-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #20
TedKEaston
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know how to enable the Low Speed mode? I see a low speed switch logic setting and a low speed max speed setting but I don't believe that ICON provides a physical switch to change between low speed and high speed. Can this be retrofitted? Thanks.
TedKEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon