lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Default CC Carryall 252 FE350 Excessive Lean Condition

Calling all CC and Kawasaki experts! I am working with an FE350 engine in a Carryall. The engine will not run above idle unless you pinch off the intake hose and restrict the air flow. It is either getting too much air for the amount of fuel being drawn in or not enough fuel. I have tried known good carburetor parts from a good running engine. The compression is good at 155psi. I did a leak down test and the loss was only five percent. I thought maybe the cylinder head was cracked near the intake port so I swapped the head from another engine. No change. This one has me scratching my head. I have the engine out of the cart. I am running it on the bench. Any help in finding a solution to this problem is appreciated.
canterburya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: CC Carryall 252 FE350 Excessive Lean Condition

Couple things off hand.

Make sure you’re using an oem mikuni carb. I’ve never had good luck with aftermarket ones.

Also the intake system in the cart is quite restrictive. Running the cart on the bench without the complete airbox and the entire intake duct (most will run all the way under the cart and up under the cowl behind the dash). If it’s on the bench without the entire intake duct and airbox I’d expect it would run lean, it’s sucking in way more air than it ever would be able to in a cart
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:12 PM   #3
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I think that I have figured it out. Someone had drilled holes in the bottom of the air box. This was throwing off the fuel/air mixture and causing the lean condition. Extra air was bring drawn into the air box outside of the plenum.
canterburya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:54 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by canterburya View Post
Thanks for the reply. I think that I have figured it out. Someone had drilled holes in the bottom of the air box. This was throwing off the fuel/air mixture and causing the lean condition. Extra air was bring drawn into the air box outside of the plenum.
That would do it too

These carts don’t like to have stock airbox, carb, or exhaust messed with.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car