lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help making a decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy View Post
Thank you. If I can get 2 more years out of the batteries I would be happy. With that said, you are saying take the Yamaha correct?
Taking into consideration the two options.......without a doubt.....I would.

and both myself and kernal are EZGO guys! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Other considerations: Are there Yamaha golf cart dealers in your area? Is there one you like vs resources for EZGO.

Parts and customization pieces are fairly plentiful but not as much as EZGO or Club Car.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #13
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Other considerations: Are there Yamaha golf cart dealers in your area? Is there one you like vs resources for EZGO.

Parts and customization pieces are fairly plentiful but not as much as EZGO or Club Car.
My guy has a 400amp controller and solenoid he could put on with all new cables throughout. He would do that for the same price. So with all invested... $3400 for my 1995 ezgo with new batteries, cables, hd controller/solenoid, springs and back seat or $3400 for a 2011 Yamaha stock with lights and a backseat?
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Yamaha is 16 years newer and 48v. If it were me, considering where I live and how the cart would be used, I would probably take the Yammie. I would also plan to spend the $ 620 for new Trojan 875s (cost where I live) and any costs for conversion if it was a 12v battery cart. If the batteries that are in it lasted another year or more under my driving conditions I would consider myself lucky.

48v is a big deal. EZGO gave up selling 36v carts in 2010. I think Club Car quit 36v carts last century.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #15
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy View Post
Yes. 48v
It has 6, 8volt batts
Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #16
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So I PM'd a well respected member of the forum who, from my understanding, was/is a Yamaha mechanic. I asked if I could post the response here to see what others would say... so here it goes...

Quote: by yeabuddy
"I hope you don't mind me PM'ing you but I think I saw you worked for Yamaha for 7 years in another post so I was hoping you could check out my thread and let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I know the answer but want to make sure I ask the pro's to be sure."
Response:
"The Yami probably has 4x 12v that are already 4 years old, gonna need new ones soon (first strike)."
(I did follow up that it does have 6, 8volts)
"The YDRE stock controller will not haul 4 people up hill faster than walking speed (strike 2).
You would be looking at another $1500 to get this cart where your current one is."

Sounds like he's leaning towards keeping the ezgo? Will the ezgo haul 4 people up a hill faster than walking speed?
What to do? What to do?
Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I'm an old EZGO guy, Western Golf Cart on EZGO frame, so I am not any kind of expert on 'Yamis', but hear are my thoughts.

Yami - Better suspension / already a 48 volt / better breaks / Newer
but it appears it needs more work to get to where you are at with EZGO

Your EZGO - Better looking / you can get any upgrade you may want to do for
it / parts are readily available

I would go with 'Love-the-one-your-with' and take it for a longer ride so you can see exactly what your next step will be with your cart. My 'EZGO' is a '95 and you can do a lot of cost effective rebuilds to motor and controller to get to torque, speed, and or both that you may want. It appears you really enjoy this ride so a little more time with it will be good. This yami deal won't be the only deal around when you decide to move on.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #18
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Found this on a forum from a member who just got a Yami after dumping his problem 1993. It will give you some ideas about the price for your yami and ideas about picking up a limited warranty, etc. if you do the trade + cash deal.

Hey guys I sold my spawn of satan cart. I am looking another cart. I have about $3000.00 what would you suggest I look at getting? What is the better built longer lasting golf cart? Well I broke crappy and bought one tonight! Get ready folks.....hope I made a good decision. I bought a 2009 Yamaha 48v with 2014 Trojan batteries. 3 month full warranty. It is so much faster than the Ezgo Marathon....I am amazed at the difference in carts. I know there is a lot of years between the 93 and this 2009 but I am so excited. My 12 year old is so happy!
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks rbuggies48IN... and everyone else too.
I'd love to keep hearing from folks. Please continue to give me your opinions.
Thanks,
Yeabuddy!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #20
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Try shopping around for a RXV.
2008/9/10 W danaher controllers are a great buy at this time.

nicely appointed in the $4,500.00- $6.000.00 range (depending on how much bling they have).

If not abused, they are fairly trouble free.

Great hill climbing ability,they don't loose much speed even when loaded on hills.

Will Accelerate up gentle slopes w/load.

If batteries in RXV are over 3 years old-- assume they are bad.

2011 RXV has new (Curtis) controller.

Usually cost about $1,000.00 more
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO