lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum quick said I can't go 48v

Thanks for the reply plumquick! I wasn't trying to get anybody in trouble, it was just hard to wrap my head around. I had planned on going up there tomorrow and talk again to you guys and figure it all out. Looks like I'll be getting my motor and batteries out of my cart and visit y'all within the week!
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #12
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

While I got all you smart guys here together in my thread.....do I have to adjust my controller to go to 48v? It's still got the "out of the box" settings it had when I bought it from scottyb. I tried buying a serial cord and plugging my laptop to it but it would pair. I didn't know if it was my laptop or the cable so I just left it. If need be I can try a different laptop and see if it'll work. If it doesn't then Ill try to buy a new serial cord.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 PM   #13
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
While I got all you smart guys here together in my thread.....do I have to adjust my controller to go to 48v? It's still got the "out of the box" settings it had when I bought it from scottyb. I tried buying a serial cord and plugging my laptop to it but it would pair. I didn't know if it was my laptop or the cable so I just left it. If need be I can try a different laptop and see if it'll work. If it doesn't then Ill try to buy a new serial cord.
Bandit upgrade will be the same field map as your stock motor......I would make sure turbo is off, other than that you should be fine.
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A 36v sepex motor will run fantastic at 48v. Just dont go crazy, 72v on a stock 36v motor will result in too much RPM and too much heat. You are not trying to do that, you are ok. Just dont use the gas pedal to stop on a hill, USE THE BRAKE PEDAL.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
I agree with said statement..........but, any voltage a series motor will handle.......... I strongly disagree!
You're right, I should have made a qualified statement rather than an absolute statement.

IE: A SepEx motor will run at any voltage typically found in golf cart applications that a Series motor will.

I'm not sure if it is motor design limitations, or controller design limitations, or some combination thereof, but 144V appears to be the highest voltage available for off the shelf SepEx controllers, while Series controllers are available at higher voltages.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
The "Over Voltage" slider is probably set to max, so it'll probably run at 48V.
The "Under Voltage" slider is probably set at 27, so you should up it to about 36 for a 48V system.
The "Throttle Up Rate" slider is probably set to 4 or 5, which might be a little aggressive at 48V, but it's a personal preference.

The "Turbo" box is probably checked and Plum Quick recommended it be turned off, so you probably ought to uncheck it.

If the laptop is running Win-7 or earlier, it's probable the UPS to Serial adapter or driver that is keeping it from connecting. Once you get connected, it is fun to tweak the settings to find what is best for you.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #17
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Wow. I'm late to the party here. Looks like Mike and I are planning the same upgrade at the same time. Mike, please keep us posted with your results. We have the same controller, and I'm anxious to see what your results are with the 48v upgrade and motor swap. I may be next in line for a PQ motor if the results are good...
CedzGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get the cable driver installed & controller plugged in. Then be sure to have the Alltrax LED light on before you open the program. Un check the turbo box and reduce regen (plug brake) for PQ motors. Save changes - close program.

Reopen program to check if changes took!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Make that 3. I am going to try my 48 upgrade as well this weekend to the new limo cart.. 8 T145s, Alltrax DCX500, HD sol and new cables.. Guess I should start a thread huh ??
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #20
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. I honestly don't think the green light was on when I tried linking to it. I'll give it one more shot before trying another laptop. I'll update my build thread as I start buying parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO