lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Anybody using an AMD 7176 motor?

Ive been looking for a new motor over the last few weeks. I think ive narrowed it down to amd 7176 or d&d 10:2. Both motors are 10 inches long roughly. Almost the same stat wise, except the d&d claims more hp. I know hp numbers are mostly advertising. My plan ultimately, is to get a bandit job on one of these longer armature motors. I looked all thru the search engine for the amd motor. Found next to nothing on it. If they are about the same, then which is better quality wise. My stock motor is amd, thats got to mean its a quality product to be oem. Anybody got something i missed? Or suggestions? Late 90s series txt, axe4855, 2 gauge welding cables, hd f&r. 23inch honda wheels and tires.
woodrow256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody using an AMD 7176 motor?

Super hard to beat the D&D motors. I have a couple and they are works of art.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #3
stang99x
Gone Wild

I use the AMD 7126 as do a few others here. It has been awesome. It performs better than advertised and I love mine. I install D&D motors all day long at the shop. They perform extremely well too. You can't go wrong with either manufacturer
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

AMD 7126 (6.1hp) is a sweet motor for street use, its not gonna work good for offroad use. 23" tires are pretty huge for "street tires". In this application, i might suggest something different for long-term reliability, your tire size is pretty much in the area of "off-road" tires for golf cart applications. I tried it, that cart got converted from electric to Honda V-twin (it was badazz, 2 foot to the floorboards when it was done). It would probably be ok for "cruiser", but not "hot-rod" use with that big of tire. When i started it, it was just gonna be a "show cart", but they used it more than "show cart" and the motor suffered the consequence. That motor is a "street" motor designed for speed, not torque. Huge wheels add a load just like "off road" use. Just my opinion. As long as we are talking about the same motor, not too sure.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The 7176 isnt a speed motor as far as i can tell. It seems like a speed torque motor similar to stock just more of it.
woodrow256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
stang99x
Gone Wild

CG I was just talking about quality with my 7126. He was asking about the 7176.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO