lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Need help wiring a emp motor.

My series cart Is at the shop getting a controller and motor upgrade. I want to wire it with no switch. It's a two speed. Does anyone have knowledge of these?

The installer is not familiar with these motors. I looked at the switch diagrams, and they have nothing for the a1 and a2, but there are wires going to it right now and it's not running.

Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help wiring a emp motor.

Don't know how to wire it myself, but this link might help: http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p...tch_kit_hookup

Also, if you contact them with the motor's serial number, they might be able to tell you what you have.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Would incorrectly wiring it blow a control controller? I hope not. I have the smartest person around here to wire it up. I won't name them, I don't know if he'd want me to.

He said he's tried different controllers, leading me to think it's a wiring or motor problem.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Keep in mind, if you don't "switch" it, you'll have to change the cable arrangement from speed to torque when you haul a lot or tow anything. Or, vice versa if you want to go from torque to speed.
The switch is just an older style CC F&R lever. You could mount it under the seat, like the stock unit or, if you wish to hide the switch, put it under the seat. It eliminates the possibility of shift of the fly but it doesn't sound like that would be an issue for you.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Keep in mind, if you don't "switch" it, you'll have to change the cable arrangement from speed to torque when you haul a lot or tow anything. Or, vice versa if you want to go from torque to speed.
The switch is just an older style CC F&R lever. You could mount it under the seat, like the stock unit or, if you wish to hide the switch, put it under the seat. It eliminates the possibility of shift of the fly but it doesn't sound like that would be an issue for you.
I'm mostly looking for speed. I bought all the parts out of a wrecked cart, so I went into this with my fingers crossed. I mainly hope the controller works, but he said it didn't light up.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Could we see a pic showing ALL of the terminals and their labels?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Could we see a pic showing ALL of the terminals and their labels?
you can only NOT see the A1 post.

the configuration is:

........S1.........S2
..A1..LR1........LR2..A2

looking at the PN# he has the LR 5.x SF Models

http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p..._hookup&type=5

the link Johnnie posted above......go to that site and its the link in the middle of that page. I posted a direct link to it ^^^^.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynmandy View Post
Would incorrectly wiring it blow a control controller? I hope not. I have the smartest person around here to wire it up. I won't name them, I don't know if he'd want me to.

He said he's tried different controllers, leading me to think it's a wiring or motor problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynmandy View Post
I'm mostly looking for speed. I bought all the parts out of a wrecked cart, so I went into this with my fingers crossed. I mainly hope the controller works, but he said it didn't light up.
Not being familiar with this motor, I'm just addressing the what is highlighted in Blue.

I know from personal experience that a blown motor will take out a controller, so a miswired motor could take out a controller also, but you'd probably have to do something really outrageous like connecting all four of the high-current cables together on one stud to do it.

The controller not lighting up is pretty much a separate issue. If it is an Alltrax controller, it will light up whether or not a motor is connected and lighting up doesn't mean it works. The DCX400 that my blown motor took out, still lights up and does everything it is supposed to do, except passing amps to the motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO