lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
speeedracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Stop/Go Issue...again

Okay, sorry for long post but want to provide as much details as possible:
2008/9 RXV 48volt cart

A month ago while driving down the road the brakes started to engage randomly making the cart come to a hard stop, complete with sliding tires. I'd wait a few minutes and then could take off again to top speed and then repeat with the braking. Needless to say I turned around and headed home, repeating this process about every 20 feet. By the time I arrived home, smoke coming from brake.

Vendor/Tech came and picked up cart and replaced brake and solenoid, returned 10 days ago.

One drive, no issue, go to get in the cart last weekend as I get to the end of the driveway and it feels like brake is being tapped, slowing the cart down and then surging back to full speed. Wasn't causing me to slide on locked tires like first time but still slowing me almost to stop.

One difference this time, during first occurrence didn't matter if I put it in tow mode I could not get the cart to move. This time, switch to tow mode and the cart rolls freely.

So questions, any ideas what could be causing this and does it sound like the same issue each time?
speeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Stop/Go Issue...again

Possible over-torqued bolts on the brake. I tighten the three bolts just enough to fully compress the lock washers. Better get it figured out quick, or another new brake is in your future.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
xlogan7
Not Yet Wild

Could be over-torqued bolts on brake. Also make sure he used newer style brake assembly without the release lever. Also, check to make sure no obstruction is jammed between the brake pedal and the housing (causing the brake to not fully retract). I have also seen the pivot points and spring get rusty and not allow it to full return therefore slightly dragging the brake.
xlogan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
xlogan7
Not Yet Wild

Early rxv carts with danaher controllers are also known to be sensitive to low voltage. Make sure you have a healthy battery pack with good connections.
xlogan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO