lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: England.live in a small Hamlet(village) poulation28
Default Ezgo pds model.

Can anyone post a picture of the battery charger that's fitted in my buggy,
The only thing with a power lead is an 230 volt supply, there is no other place I can see that would show if I needed a charger externally supplying power to charge the batteries, just got this buggyEZGO today and the manual doesn't tell me what I'm looking for,
Please help,
Rockinr382
rockinr382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo pds model.

A EZGO PDS cart has a receptacle for an external charger located on the seat pedestal behind the drivers left knee, however some carts have been retrofitted with on-board type charging systems.

There are a dozen or more makes and models of external and on-board chargers that can be used, so the odds of posting a picture of the charger that might be installed in you cart is unlikely at best. Also, most of the chargers on this side of the pond run on 120VAC 60Hz rather than the 230VAC 50Hz you have.

If the object you describe as a "230 volt supply" has a power cord that connects to a 230VAC wall outlet and two substantial wires that connect to the main positive and main negative terminals on the battery pack, it may very well be an on-board charger.

Post a picture of it and one that includes it and the entire battery pack and we might be able to verify it is and on-board charger.

FWIW: I was stationed at RAF Chicksands during the late 60's and early 70's, and lived in Blunham.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply, will post a picture of what is fitted in the buggy, if this will tell me what is fitted, your help will be appreciated,
Regards,Rockin382
Old 10-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

[/ATTACH]image.jpegJohnnie, image.jpegPhotos as promised[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Is this the charger,? plugged it in and a series of lights came on, first was red then a yellow one came on. Seems like o be a series of yellow lights in a row I hope they are showing a charge going to the batteries,what do you think,?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is a Delta-Q QuiQ charger.

Attached PDF file is a user guide, but may not be the correct one for the specific charger you have.
However, the LED display information given should be the same.

Connect a voltmeter between the battery pack's main positive and negative terminals (labeled B+ and B- on attached drawing) and you should see the voltage start increasing when the charger is plugged into AC power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Wiring - TXT and Medalist - B+ B- connections.JPG (35.2 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DeltaQ_Quiq_Instructions.pdf (1.80 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Delta-Q Guru
Not Yet Wild

Note: The Delta-Q QuiQ chargers have a universal AC-Input. They can be used on any power grid worldwide. If your vehicle is fitted with a 220V plug you can simply switch to regular 110VAC plug. Every QuiQ is fitted with a common IEC320 inlet which allows the connection of any AC cord regardless of the country the vehicle is in.
Delta-Q Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Many thanks on this. Item, I have sourced another
Battery charger unit,so would like to close this thread'thanks for all the replies
Regards rocckinr382

Last edited by rockinr382; 01-28-2016 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Missed miser number
Old 01-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If they are going to delete posts they may as well close it. Ask a Moderator for assistance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO