lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
rhanks55
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie with Marathon troubles

I've been on the forum for a while, but now I really need some help. Couldn't really find an answer when I searched for my problem. I have an '89 Marathon I got last fall. This summer it just quit on me. I replaced the solenoid, resistor coil, and wiper board. Cart started working. So I loaded it on the trailer and charged the cart. Got to the farm the next day to ride, and it wouldn't move. When I press the pedal, the solenoid sounds like it is constantly clicking, but the tires won't move. I tested all of my batteries and found out one is bad. Should be able to replace it this pay day.

Two questions:
1. Any idea what the clicking noise is?
2. Should there still be enough voltage to make the tires turn while on blocks?

Thanks,
Robbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rhanks55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie with Marathon troubles

I'm going to guess a loose connection somewhere. The clicking could be the solenoid. HVe you pressed the pedal with the seat up and found were the clicking is coming from? With a. Resistor cart, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong. Solenoid and F&R switch are the only things left.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Measure the voltage between the battery pack's main negative terminal and the #4 stud on the throttle wiper board.

Should be the same as the pack voltage when pedal is pushed to the floor.

If it isn't, there is a cable or connection problem in the high current circuit.

------------
A dead battery may not pass the amps from the other five batteries, so bypass it completely.

That should give you about 30V and should turn the tires when they are off the ground.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like a bad connection but also could be a defective battery. When it starts to draw current, you are losing the voltage and the solenoid is dropping out. (like a car that has a dead battery)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO