lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Peter Robertson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Controller

I have a 1998 Ezgo Golf cart.
The contoller has burnt out which is a 1206SX 4301.
I have a brand new Alltrax DCX 400PDS ITS Model DCX400R19 "for shunt motor only" written on it.
I would like to know if I can use this as a replacement for the burnt out one.
Peter Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller

Yes, but you'll have to change the Field Map from #4 to #3. (Motor will run on #4, but not at its full potential and may overheat)

A Curtis 1206SX is commonly know as a DCS controller and Alltrax designed the DCX family of controllers as a plug-n-play replacement. When EZGO switched to from DCS controllers to PDS (Curtis 1206MX) controllers, Alltrax built a wiring adapter kit so the DCX could be installed in PDS carts. (They also made wiring adapters to install DCX controllers in Club Cars and Yamahas)

The 10-pin connector from your carts wiring harness fits the DCX without and adapter.

You will have to get a USB to Series adapter to connect the DCX to a computer, but the programming software can be downloaded here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_ControllerPro.html

You will also have to get Alltrax (or somebody) to send you a copy of Field Map #3 (Since the controller is labeled "PDS" it'll have Field Map #4 installed, unless someone has changed it.)

Attached is a schematic of a DCX installed in a DCS cart and a DCX operator's manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in DCS.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-005-B_OP-DCX-Operators-Manual.pdf (97.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes but it may need a different map installed. The DCS cart needs map 3. PDS map 4. Unlike the PDS the DCS application requires no wire harness adapter.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Peter Robertson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your replies guys. If I were to download the software and plug my laptop into it that should tell me what map it is and from that can I change it to map 3?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yes
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Peter Robertson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Once again many thanks for the replies. Now I know what direction to go in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO