lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #21
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I meant the charge lasted 5.5 hours. Also the equalizing I did was pull the plug, wait 10 mins and restart a charge and wait till it shuts off. Thats the only type I did. The charger would be at that 5 amp level real quick, like 10 mins. Then short time later may 15 mins. Shut off.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery problem need opinions?

Sounds like #1 is a keeper.

Only 5.5 hours for the initial charge. sounds like the supply chain between Trojan and your vendor was fairly short.

How fast and how far the SoC rises after the cart stops depends on how many amps where being drawn before the cart stopped. The sum of the battery voltages in a 48V pack drops about 1.5V per 100A of current draw, and the drop is almost immediate while the recovery is relatively slow and the rate is exponential.

Ages ago when I was running 36V, I measured the pack voltage as soon as I stopped the cart and again at intervals to see how fast and how much the pack voltage recovered. The batteries weren't all that healthy, but the results were telling. (See attached.) As a result, when I do serious battery or range testing, I let my battery pack rest at least half an hour before taking the voltage readings.

---------
The DPI Accusense charger does a pretty good job of equalizing on its regular charge cycle because in the finish charge phase, it keeps charging until the pack voltage stops climbing, so all the batteries (cells actually) in the series string they are connected in, are fully charged, or mighty close to it, no matter if they were somewhat unequally discharged. Additional equalization of the individual voltages also occurs during the float charge phase that follows the regular charge cycle and the combination of dV/dT type charging and float charging tends to keep the battery voltages in sync.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage Increase after load.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO