lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
ronnielopez
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo charger plug handle wiring

Hi guys. ..thanks for the addition...I have 96 ezgo, my question is the wiring in the handle or plug of the charger. There is a white, red, and black wires in the handle. Obliviously the red wire is in the middle, which side does the white or black wire goes with the red wire?...thanks
ronnielopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo plug handle wiring

Hi Ronnie.....IF you are wiring your plug to bypass the Reed Switch.....it goes to the WHITE lead.

Ezgo Reed Switch Bypass.jpg

OH AND BTW.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Are you asking about the plug on the charger's output cable, or the charge receptacle on the cart?

The third wire in the charger's output cable connects to the auxiliary contact in the plug. Item #36 on attached drawing.

It gets a little confusing because there are three wires in both the Plug and the Receptacle, but they are part of entirely different circuits and have the opposite polarity, so if connected wrong, you get sparks and smoke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger Plug - opened.JPG (40.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

good catch Johnnie.....he did say the "plug of the charger"
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
ronnielopez
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I'm talking bout the handle or plug on the charger side, not the recepticle side....also I did bypass the reed switch, you did mention they have reverse circuits, so I WOULD NOT go positive to positive or white wire to white wire and negative to negative. ..I know the red wire with the clip goes in the middle but I don't kno if the white or black goes next to the red wire...hopefully this helps explains my problem better...thanks
Old 12-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo charger plug handle wiring

The black wire (negative) in the plug connects to the black wire in the receptacle.
The white wire (positive) in the plug connects to the white wire in the receptacle.

It is the third wire that connects to different polarities in the plug and receptacle.

The third wire in the receptacle prevents the cart from running when the the battery charger is plugged into cart by the reed switch disconnecting the third wire's connection to the positive terminal (female radsok) in the receptacle, which in turn disables the controller.

The third wire in the plug is part of the charger's battery sensing circuit. It connects to the Auxiliary contact which touches the outside of the negative terminal (female radsok) in the receptacle, which is circled in attached picture.

In the plug, the black wire connects to the terminal (male radsok) next to the Auxiliary contact.
The exploded diagram of the plug I posted earlier, correctly shows which wire goes where in the plug.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #7
ronnielopez
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo charger plug handle wiring

Ok..thanks...I'll give a try...thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO