lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
david11690
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 05 TXT PDS Nightmare

Where does the SOC meter on the dash of the PDS get its power reading from as it shows at lit red light at the top but is sometimes goes off and nothing out of the cart. It appears to get power from the key switch?
david11690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by david11690 View Post
Where does the SOC meter on the dash of the PDS get its power reading from as it shows at lit red light at the top but is sometimes goes off and nothing out of the cart. It appears to get power from the key switch?
Yes, they get 2 + positive leads, one from the battery pack and one from the key switch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:11 AM   #13
david11690
Not Yet Wild

If the SOC gets back voltage and power from the key switch why would it loose power, in other words the digital light flickers or goes out the come back on? Just believe I keep loosing a connection somewhere instead of a controller.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Concentrate on determining if the solenoid has 36v between the 2 small solenoid posts when the cart will not go. If yes the solenoid should click. If it's not clicking the solenoid has failed.
It is also possible the trouble is in the F&R rocker switch. The terminal connections are sometimes a source of corrosion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #15
david11690
Not Yet Wild

Well, I concentrated on the power at the solenoid and had power both sides all day. Finally I just set the cart on fire and walked away!..... Just kidding my hand slipped off the frame and got caught on the main wires for J1 and I noticed the SOC light flicker! Upon further inspection I found Brn/grn with a half break. Cut the break out added connector covered with heat sink and viola we running like a champ!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO