lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2016, 11:06 PM   #1
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Avg miles per charge?

Ballpark, how many miles do you think I can average using new Trojan T875s and shooting for 60-70% SOC before recharging. My cart is (for now) a stock 2010 TXT 48v. My driving speed is usually 10-12 mph, but I do have some steep hills to drive up and down. If the hills cause to much vagary for the estimate, just leave that out of the equation. Any thoughts or formulas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Avg miles per charge?

10 ~ 12miles
Old 02-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #3
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

10-12 mph on a 48 volt seems kinda slow to me my 36v runs 13-14 mph and 18-19 with the chip but crash is right thats about average but with steep hills it may get less ......
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CART-ZILLA View Post
10-12 mph on a 48 volt seems kinda slow to me my 36v runs 13-14 mph and 18-19 with the chip but crash is right thats about average but with steep hills it may get less ......
Didn't mean to give the wrong impression, it'll top out at about 16-17 but I'm running out of room on the flat land to do that (before turns or hills) . When I first got the cart most of my joy rides were near full throttle to see what it could do . But now I'm out for longer slower joy rides.

JohnnyB once mentioned what the avg amp pull was for a stock motor like mine, plus a lot of other variables, and came up with time or miles given a certain battery Ah. But it was mentioned in a thread topic I don't recall. When I bought the cart the price inclueded these new Trojans. I never thought to ask how much money for a larger Ah. Kind of wish I did given that my hills will shorten my ride time. On the other hand, 10-12 miles is probably fine given that I can just charge it each night.

Thanks Crash and CZ for your replies.

Mike
Old 02-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Mike, all we know is the approximate size of the gas tank, but not the gas mileage of the vehicle.

Put the batteries on charge overnight and assume they are at 100% SoC when you start your typical joy ride and measure the distance traveled with a GPS or GPS app. The longer the trip the better and travel on the terrain you typically do, hills and all, to get an average energy usage.

Wait 30 minutes before measuring the pack voltage at the end on the trip and calculate the SoC. The SoC charts are in 10% steps, so you will have to interpolate to get to the closest 1%.

The subtract the after SoC from the before SoC (100%) and divide by the miles traveled to get %SoC used per mile.

With that number you can estimate the range for discharging to 50% or 60% or 70% or whatever.

Stock carts typically come from the factory with enough storage capacity to do at least 2 rounds, or about 12 miles including some incidental travel, and with newer batteries it might get 3 rounds. If you are using regen braking, the range will be a little better.

Technically, the energy stored in a 48V set of T-875 batteries is roughly the same as what is stored in a 36V set of T-105 batteries and when I was running a nearly stock (2Ga cables and 17" tall tires instead of 18") 2008 PDS, I had an average estimated range of over 20 miles using regen braking and calculated from 10-12 mile trips over a mix of on-road and off-road terrain including fairly steep hills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #7
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnieB
That makes perfect sense. And it's exactly what I was looking for.

Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO